+ Reply to Thread

Default Should I start fin or don't I need to?

Hello. I posted on this site about ten years ago I think, and was told I have naturally fine, blonde straight hair, a red scalp (psoriasis) and a natural centre parting.

I kept checking every so often and my hair has seemed to stay the same, though I'll let you judge.

The top section is from last week, and the bottom two sections are from maybe 10 years ago.

click here for pic, would have posted it but you need to scroll, and too large for the image upload

*note, the pic bottom left within the red border from last week, I cut my own hair and hacked it near the front, there's a section that's much shorter than the rest, but that's just for the front. All the pics in red border are from the same day. The bottom two sections with other colours around are from about 8-10 years ago.

My hair generally seems to be the same, but it bugs me when I take a pic of my hair under harsh light, artificial or natural and I can see scalp. If I take a pic outside in day light with sun on me it's fine, but if I do it indoors with the sunlight coming through a window, it looks different. Same with if I use a mirror, can't see any scalp, so I don't get it.

What are your thoughts? If I have to try fin I will, if it looks the same and no change then I won't. I just don't know if this is just how my hair is or if I should keep a check on it.

Also, I'm 30, if I need to mention that.

A pattern of wagering on gamers and also sporting activities has actually come to be usual amongst the young and also the old around the globe. This is the factor individuals look onward to purchase wagering suggestions. buy soccer tips

I know what your feeling inside, I'm trying to figure out the exact same thing as you. I always had what I was told.was very thick hair, recently I noticed it seemed thinner on top so I took a few photographs in a similar position to the ones you have and I actually cried because I could see through to my scalp, and it just seemed to be the middle of my head that was thin. In my opinion (and it's just the opinion of another guy with the same fears, yours looks pretty much the same now as it did in the older photos. One of the photos in particular it looks thinner but it could be the harsh light as the rest look like your older ones.
    I started a saw palmetto complex along with a dermaroller, anti thinning hair shampoo, nizoral every other day and peppermint oil. The way I'm feeling ill pretty much try anything to be honest.
    It could be that you do just have naturally fine hair and taking photos from that angle is enough to send chills up any blokes spine. Sorry I'm no help but I hope you find the answer you're searching for

Quote Originally Posted by Vuldam View Post
    I know what your feeling inside, I'm trying to figure out the exact same thing as you. I always had what I was told.was very thick hair, recently I noticed it seemed thinner on top so I took a few photographs in a similar position to the ones you have and I actually cried because I could see through to my scalp, and it just seemed to be the middle of my head that was thin. In my opinion (and it's just the opinion of another guy with the same fears, yours looks pretty much the same now as it did in the older photos. One of the photos in particular it looks thinner but it could be the harsh light as the rest look like your older ones.
    I started a saw palmetto complex along with a dermaroller, anti thinning hair shampoo, nizoral every other day and peppermint oil. The way I'm feeling ill pretty much try anything to be honest.
    It could be that you do just have naturally fine hair and taking photos from that angle is enough to send chills up any blokes spine. Sorry I'm no help but I hope you find the answer you're searching for
    Hey man thanks for your reply. Think I know what one you're talking about, it's the fourth one down on the left, right? That's in front of a window with direct sunlight on it, and accentuates where I cut it badly towards the front, but yeah that's what bothers me and I don't get it, sometimes it's like that other times it's like the attached. These were taken today right underneath an overhead window.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200517_171109.jpg

Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	67302Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200517_171107.jpg

Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	67303

So I don't get why certain direct light it looks different - but - this is only noticeable on a camera, in real life it doesn't look like this. So I'm really unsure what to think. My barber has never said anything. In fact last comment he made before lockdown was that I have fine hair but a sh*tload of it, which gave me a bit more confidence, but certain lighting on pics, I don't know.

How is the dermaroller, anti thinning hair shampoo, Nizoral every other day and peppermint oil working? I may need Nizoral for my psoriasis.

That's the very photo I was talking about, it looks completely different to the others. The whole lighting thing can affect how your hair looks drastically unfortunately. Those photos from your latest post just look like most people's heads do from that angle, I'd be focusing on what your barber said recently, fine hair but loads of it. If you're really worried try thickening shampoo, it might make you feel a little less self-conscious, but if I were you I wouldn't bother unless it's really bringing you down.
    In all honesty I haven't been using all those things for very long, some days I feel it's working and I can get on with my day, others, I feel like things are getting worse and it gets me down as it's all I can think about, however I'm going to keep it up for 3 months and if I see positive changes, if I don't I'm going to start finasteride.
    My dad suffers from psoriasis and it's a real pain, he's tried so many different treatments but he never got anything that worked satisfactorily, so I hope you do.
    Can I just give you one piece of advice if I may, please for your own self esteem stop taking photographs of your head, no-one's hair looks flattering from that angle and you said your hair only looks like that on camera, not in real life. I do it and it makes me feel 100 times worse than I already do. You're a young guy with a full head of hair, enjoy it! And if you have to use nizoral I hope it clears your psoriasis