Name:	60D8BD3B-A29E-4EC2-A920-C6105D93EB39.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	495211Click image for larger version

Name:	3B9100F0-1508-46AF-8F92-F2160BE9512E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	495210

Hi 22 yr old Male here. I noticed my temples receding when I was around 18 so 3/4 yrs ago now. I need advice off you guys on whether my crown is thinning? It’s driving me crazy & losing my hair so young would destroy me I think, not being dramatic or over reacting but I’d rather die than lose my hair at this point in my life. I can provide additional pics if needed. I know there are meds available now propecia, minoxidil etc... I just need some advice of how bad my case is or even if I’m balding at all. Thanks.
  • MorgH10075
    • Apr 2018

Please anyone? I just want the hard truth so I can work out a solution

Comment

• Kxb34
      • Apr 2020

Hey, i would say yes unfortunately but at the very beginning.
      Check out my threads, im 20 and have slightly worse loss at the hairline and crown.
      Ive been on finasteride for near 8 months, it has definetly maintained and thickened up the top of my scalp and no sides to report.
      I reckon at your stage fin could save you for years to come. Also take some pictures in harsh lighting to assess the damage and see if fin is working for you

Comment

• Kxb34
        • Apr 2020

Your crown doesn't even look to be balding, just very early recession at temples

Comment

• Kxb34
          • Apr 2020

And i feel you bro, im a very looks conscious guy, losing my hair this young would mess me up. But im hopeful fin has bought me some time so i can be a good transplant candidate in my 30s

Comment

• MorgH10075
            • Apr 2018

Thanks for the reply man I appreciate it. Is it easy to get on fin just a simple GP appointment & then I’ll get it?

Comment

• Kxb34
              • Apr 2020

If youre in UK no need to see a GP, I just get mine from Boots online hair loss clinic. You just fill in a quick questionnaire

Comment

• MorgH10075
                • Apr 2018

Ok cheers mate. So has your hair stopped shedding completely since being on fin?

Comment

• Kxb34
                  • Apr 2020

Yeah ive seen no further loss for sure and possibly some thickening up

Comment

• MorgH10075
                    • Apr 2018

Are u on generic fin? Propecia isn’t available in the UK at the moment

Comment

• Kxb34
                      • Apr 2020

Yh, ive always been on generic anyways just to save a bit of cash

Comment

• Kxb34
                        • Apr 2020

Yh l, ive always been on generic anyways

Comment

• Vuldam
                          • May 2020

Personally I'm thinking that's one serious head of hair you have, as for being dramatic, we've all felt those exact same feelings as you, so no you're not overreacting. To me it looks as if it's the way your holding your hair in the second photo that's making it look like it's thinner. You're in a great position at the moment, you're a really young guy with a full head of apparently thick hair, my advice would be to enjoy it, don't stress because that will make things worse if you are thinning. Keep an eye on things over a year say and take photos for reference (DO NOT KEEP LOOKING AT THEM AND OBSESSING OVER THEM), I've done that and it will drive you insane. You will see at the end of that period if you are or are not losing hair and if you do happen to be, then you are in a position to be proactive. Remember stress can cause hair loss so avoid it and enjoy that full head of hair!!!

Comment

Working...