+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs down Hair system glue won’t last more than 3 days!

I got a hair system last week and I’ve installed it twice. Each time it won’t last more than 3 days. I have a lace base with poly perimeter. I use walker ultra hold glue.

The first time I probably used too much glue, I didn’t let it dry and become tacky enough before placing it on. I also only used one layer (one on my scalp and one on the hair system).

The second time I removed all the glue and washed the hair system with dish soap to ensure it was free from adhesive remover.

I applied a thin layer of glue to my scalp and to the hair system and waited five minutes for it to become tacky. I then placed it on. Here we are three days later and it and entirely come off. The glue isn’t even sticky it’s become greasy.

The only thing I didn’t do was apply the glue in multiple layers which I read helps.

I don’t see how this could ever last 2 weeks or even a week at this rate. I didn’t even work out this week so I wasn’t sweating or anything like that. What am I doing wrong?

Default Base sealer

Hello,
    I would like to offer some advice for you. I am a hair replacement technician and I think you may need to be using a base and knot sealer on your system before bonding. TDI hair, knot and base sealer is a great product that has never failed me in my 26 years of experience. It is applied sparingly (spray) to the underside of your system and dried with a hair dryer before applying bonding. I never apply bonding to the system, only the head , 3 thin coats , drying completely in between each (until clear). Feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have, I don't mind helping others at all. You should get 2 weeks out of a bond with a lace base. It could be your bonding but before changing that I would start simple with the sealer !

If my scalp or system isnt particularly dry, or if I dont apply downward pressure for a few minutes or sleep on it or undertake sweaty exercise within a few hours of attaching then my system will struggle to bond. Also when its humid its not gonna last me my usual time.

You could try a scalp protector.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairologist View Post
    Hello,
    I would like to offer some advice for you. I am a hair replacement technician and I think you may need to be using a base and knot sealer on your system before bonding. TDI hair, knot and base sealer is a great product that has never failed me in my 26 years of experience. It is applied sparingly (spray) to the underside of your system and dried with a hair dryer before applying bonding. I never apply bonding to the system, only the head , 3 thin coats , drying completely in between each (until clear). Feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have, I don't mind helping others at all. You should get 2 weeks out of a bond with a lace base. It could be your bonding but before changing that I would start simple with the sealer !
    I did use a knot sealer on the piece itself. But that has nothing to do with the attachment to the scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by grincher View Post
    If my scalp or system isnt particularly dry, or if I dont apply downward pressure for a few minutes or sleep on it or undertake sweaty exercise within a few hours of attaching then my system will struggle to bond. Also when its humid its not gonna last me my usual time.

You could try a scalp protector.
    I did use a walker scalp protector. I also ordered perspirex and will apply that to my scalp prior to bonding. Maybe it will help a bit.

I did switch to ghost bond xl for the sides and I am able to get about a week using it. I would still like it to be stronger and longer lasting, but a week is enough for me to make it work and about as long as I’d like to go anyway. It doesn’t take that much time to clean the system, prepare the scalp and re attach for a fresh attachment. Once a week is fine. The walker glue works well for the front, I just need to re-do it mid-way through the week.