X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lindsey
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Dec 2008

Dr. Lindsey Scar excision and small plug improvement, McLean VA

This fellow had several previous surgeries at a nearby facility with a combination of minigrafts and strip surgeries. His main complaint was that his scar was visible after haircuts or when the hair was wet.

He and I together outlined the scar that he wanted excised. I thought we'd get maybe 20 grafts of varying health out...but surprisingly we got 81 singles and 81 doubles which we place along his frontal and lateral hairline where he was a bit thin and pluggy.

Shown are intraop and day 9 pictures. He is to stop by monthly for scar checks and if pertinent, I'll update his progress.

Note a 3 layer closure. The deepest layer will dissolve in months, and took most of the load off of the skin. The usual deep layer took the remaining load off and the skin sutures were small, the same size I use for facelifts, and were only to keep the skin edges the same level.

Dr. Lindsey McLean vA
    Attached Files
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile
  • Spex
    Dr Representative
    • Nov 2008

Continually impressed Doc by your scar work - keep up the good work!
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Spex
      Dr Representative
      • Nov 2008

Great stuff doc - your scar work is as always impressive. Keep up the great work!
      Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Ryth
        • Jun 2010

Just wanted to say Dr. Lindsey did a great job on this.

I'm the patient in the photos and the scar is healing up nicely at almost 1 month.

No pain and no tightness at all with the scar and I'll be back for monthly checkups and probably 1 more procedure to reduce it a tad more.

Comment

• Dr. Lindsey
          IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
          • Dec 2008

Thanks Ryth, it was a pleasure to work with you thus far.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
          William Lindsey, MD
          Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
          View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...