+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair Transplants and Covid-19

My office has been open throughout the Covid-19 pandemic. We've been managing the situation the same since the beginning of February with small modifications. The goal is to protect the staff and our patients. We spend a lot of time sanitizing surfaces in waiting areas and bathrooms. All employees have to wear masks. We have hand sanitizer all over the place. Patients visiting the office must first sanitize their hands and then apply gloves and a mask, which we provide. Hence, we have made it through this crisis free of any negative outcomes.

We are very fortunate to have an office in Georgia where there was good sense to re-open the state. Time will demonstrate that most parts of the world overreacted. Many deaths attributable to Covid 19 will turn out due to influenza or some other cause. Some parts of the world have been impacted much more severely than other parts such as New York City and parts of Italy. With adequate warning from China and the WHO this could have been avoided.

The main thing is to try resuming your life as soon as you can and exercise great caution in your interactions with others along with good hand hygiene. This is certainly a good time to get your hair restored if you can locate an open office. If you need to travel by plane, just be careful and remember to wash your hands for two minutes whenever you have to touch something like a door know. Gloves are a good idea if you can get your hands on some.

There was a good video on youtube, that was taken down. This video discussed how much the country has overreacted to this pandemic. Fortunately, someone downloaded the video and posted it on Vimeo. https://vimeo.com/412898215

Everyone stay safe and best of fortune in your hair loss journey.

Great post Dr Cole - interesting video too.

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

I was super busy until the past two weeks. Then it was sporadic. I used the time to polish a protocol to treat serious cases of Covid 19 using adipose-derived stem cells. This study is now in a clinical trial, listed on clinicaltrials.gov, and to write a chapter on sharp punch dissection for a textbook. That chapter is currently 56 pages and will increase with tables and figures.

The pathway, which creates so much damage with Covid 19 is similar to what causes hair loss, oxidative stress. The trial is co-authored by Ryan Welter, Ramon Llull, Aris Sterodimas, and Hebert Lamblet, all serious players in regenerative medicine. Regenerative medicine is where anyone concerned about hair loss in the earlier stages should be focused. Their focus should be far more limited on hair transplantation. The hair transplant is useful once you lose the hair. You don't want to lose it because there isn't enough hair in a donor area to cover any degree of loss greater than an NW 3V.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...&draw=2&rank=4