+ Reply to Thread

Default Artificial Hair Transplant?

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone know's if it is possible to have artificial hair input into the scalp without it always causing infection ?

I know there are some clinics in India that do it but apparently its illegal here

the fact is i have ALOT of money to spend and would have it done in a heart beat if i knew it wouldn't make the rest of my hair come out

Thanks for reading

Cya!

feel free to reply folks! lol

May I ask why you would not have a "regular" hair transplant?

I would never suggest anyone go for artificial hair transplants. Could you imagine having metal "pins" embedded into your scalp indefinitely and your body potentially rejecting them over time? Not to mention the hair that would be transplanted would never grow and would degrade over time with brushing, styling, etc... Even if real human hair was used, it would not grow and you'd be susceptible to split ends, making it necessary to cut the hair shorter and shorter until you had no more to cut.

I have yet to see any kind of artificial hair that looks real. (I have looked at many hair extensions made with synthetic hair and none of them in my view can pass as natural looking, which is why I ended up purchasing hair extensions made with real hair, even though they tend to be significantly more expensive. But that's a whole other story! Hair extensions are far from having hair transplants!)

Why wouldn't you instead spend your money on 'regular' hair transplants and have a lifetime of hair that grows and feels like your own? I've had two surgeries done and couldn't imagine having done things any differently or considered any other options.... Even the hair extensions I bought were only used during my post-operative phases when my hair was atrocious to style, even under a hat! Now I only use my extensions for special occasions when I'm trying to achieve more volume and length.

Um the reason that im not concidering a hair transplant is because i had a cconsultantation, and from what i understand, they cannot create more volume in my hair. I guess they are suitable for men and some woman, but what i want is long thick hair

The docter i saw suggested laser treatment for me, but i really just dont have faith that laser treatment will give me the result im looking for

I know that artificial hair is not as good as real hair, but i thought if i get a strong type that is smooth and doesn't tangle it would be worth,, as long as i could still swim in the beach with it i would be happy!

Do you know of any suregeons that perform this? or of any website with information about it? I have alot of questions lol!

Thanks!

I'm afraid I don't know of anyone who performs this type of procedure. And believe me, if I could have long, thick hair too, I'd do it! Oh how I admire other women's hair, especially in those shampoo commercials where they obviously choose women with gorgeous locks. :P

Anyway, I digress....

I suppose a wig isn't an option? I've heard they are a lot more comfortable than they once were. The right hairstyle and styling products can also help. I have fine and thin hair but I have learned to accept that I cannot change it so I just try to work with it. I probably spend more time on my hair than your average person, but I try not to dwell.

Sorry my response is likely not overly helpful to you, but I did want to respond in some way.

haha yeah im always admiring other womans hair

well thanks anyways

I met a guy once who had had this done and it forever caused him infection and rejection issues. Not advisable in my honest opinion.

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

It's available in Australia, but it is probably too risky. There are currently developments taking place to make the procedure safe and long lasting, though it will look odd when your real hair goes grey!

Yes, to further Winston's point, one of the risks is getting cellulitus. People who get cellulitus in their foot sometimes have their foot amputated. This is on your head. You can't amputate your head. Not good. Not good at all.

I agree with all of the above. It's a risk to your safety and health that would require you to travel, and afterwards rely on long-distance communication for the post-op care of a very dodgy procedure. And if something goes terribly wrong, it probably won't be too easy to take legal action.

Also, is it just me or do the before-and-after shots of these artificial implants look depressing? I was looking at an Australian company's website (Biofibre I believe)... they featured only tiny pictures of results that a skilled hair transplant surgeon could easily outdo