+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy For the first time in my life, I was doing well. But then I discovered I was balding

I'm 26 years old. I lived a very anti-social life in the past. Growing up, I was always a shy kid and I experienced bullying in highschool that left me with emotional scars that still last to this day. Even in college, I had a low-self esteem and didn't get laid once during that time. But ever since I turned 22 years old, I made "self improvement" a full-time job. I started being more talkative and interesting. Started hitting the gym on the regular. Ever since I hit the age of 24, my life was finally happy.

For the first time in my life, I felt TRUE happiness. Not "coping" happiness like in the past. True happiness with no regret. I talked to girls more and even though I'd get rejected most of the time, it didn't bother me. Because for the first time, I was comfortable and happy in my own skin. Im a short 5'6" brown (indian) looking dude. I have a very young looking face, and I'm skinny even though I spend a lot of time at the gym doing proper work-outs. I accepted my flaws and I was happy with myself. I was thankful for the small amounts of success I had with women, I cherished those moments and vowed to improve every day and not get bitter.

But then at the age of 26, something happened. I realized I had a patch on the back of my head. My brother pointed it out. I spent the past few weeks taking pictures. I kept trying to calm myself and say "ah, it's just the lighting shining on your hair, that's why you can see the scalp." But there's no denying it anymore. It's definitely a bald patch. No 2 ways about it. I'm balding. My heart literally jumps every time I see how big the patch is.

It sucks because I have a naturally ugly face and my hair was one of the few things that helped me in the dating game. My hair was my saving grace. I'm afraid of going back to a time where I'll be miserable again. I worked so hard to improve myself only for genetics to take it all away. Just when things were finally starting to look good, I get dragged back into the dark place...

Sounds like you're beginning to develop alopecia. But hey, no worries. There are many people who have it or have gone through it. If you're willing to tackle alopecia, I suggest going to a doctor for early prevention. You can also consult hair experts on what they can do about it.

By the way, based on what you said, you look like you're a really nice and cool guy. Not sure why you're worrying too much about it. Keep on loving yourself, man and you'll be surprised how a little confidence can change your life.

Mine is starting too. Before when I try to apply peppermint essential oil on my scalp, they grow. But as months go by, I notice they don't grow anymore. I still have yet to discover what really happened.

air knife