+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mr Confused

No idea pal, thats why I was asking myself)))

anyone have any idea which are best, stables or sutures because Ive heard Dr rahal uses sutures and Dr Feller uses stables both say its for a better scar....confusing huh

Some doctors on the IAHRS site charge $4/graft while others charge $6-7/graft..Why is that??
    I think there are a number of variables, including physicians' perceived, or actual skill/expertise, but I imagine a lot of the price variance actually comes down to clinic overhead and location. Physicians that have offices in expensive areas, or who operate out of extremely sleek, pricey facilities, will generally pass those costs along to their patients.

As far as large cities go, Atlanta is reasonably inexpensive, and I think our prices reflect that to an extent. I would say that the vast majority of our patients come from outside of Georgia, and even the U.S., and although a lot of that can be attributed to Dr. Cole's reputation, I'm sure the fact that pricing is lower than in a lot of other big cities plays a role as well.

Another reason for the price discrepancy might simply be a lack of pricing transparency in the industry. You generally don't see physicians advertising their prices (though you can always find out by calling a practice) and therefore, a physician might think they are charging the average market rate when really they are asking way more or less for comparative services.

Regardless of the logic behind rates, I'd advise you not to make any decision based solely on price. A quality transplant is certainly worth a few extra dollars per graft- but understand that variances in pricing will not always reflect the skill of a physician (though you'll obviously pay more for a top-quality physician than a dubious chain clinic you see advertised on the highway).

Thanks CIT girl

that was much appreciated, I take it you work for Dr cole, not researched any of his work, maybe I should now....Being from the UK its such a minefield out there...sometimes I think my head will explode when I do that much thinking about what road to go down.....mind you if that happened my hair problem wouldnt be a problem anymore without a head

Toffeman, Sorry for delay i've only just seen this post.

I have spoken to you briefly via email recently though i believe. As i mentioned in your question I think Dr FRahal is a great clinic and ethical one so i wouldnt worry to much on stutures/staples. Many top clinics use staples some dont.

As requested we ideally need to see pictures which i have not yet seen, althogh not checked my email yet so will take a look.

Based on so much previous strip surgery with other clinics i would reserve judgment till we can see pics and the doc can recommend however strip might be a better way to go to remove previous scaring and also harvest donor hair.
    Everyone wants FUE but you might not neccessarily be eligible or Strip might clearly be the best way to move forward for YOU.

FUE prices do vary slightly and some clinics who have only just started FUE may incentify patients by dropping their prices or may not have the overheads and can charge less. Consistentcy with FUE is what you should really be focusing on not price IMHO.

Send me over pics s happy to try help you establish which will be the best way forward from here for you as we are all very different and especially if you have already had so much previous surgery. This surgery will undoubtedly present limitations and this is what we need to look at for you.

I am more than happy to meet up in person as you say we have met previously. This way i can take clear pics for you and you can use them to gain consults with whom ever you like.
    Regards
    S
    Last edited by Spex; 09-20-2010 at 11:05 PM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Pricing is personal to the clinic but the decision should not come down to purely this some clinics who are expensive are not the best. Spend some time on here researching what clinic would be best for you and your situation.

As for the staples sutures debate H&W use staples like Dr Feller.

I would love to have a FUE procedure if I was a likely candicate but unfortunately price is a factor and a reality.Can FUE actually help conceal a scar from a previous strip? that way shaving the head could be another avenue to go down.Im still confused because when I view the list of coalition Dr's I notice Dr Farjos name there and I was disappointed in the procedure I had with him years ago so Im thinking I might be just be disappointed again if I go for another procedure with another Dr.