The continuing problems with ProTHIK - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default The continuing problems with ProTHIK

I have been using prothik, which is a spray scalp concealer, for about ten years. So it may not look like the most natural thing but I’ve been very satisfied primarily because with the use of fibers I can actually make my thinning hairline look acceptable. I don’t think products like this are used as much anymore but I can’t find another product that I can control the spray with accuracy. In the last two years I’ve run into numerous issues when ordering the product. The color was either not available or shipments were late and the company rarely gave any tracking information. I just placed an order about two weeks ago and have not seen anything. The company well owner, I think, Jeff Coates, will only communicate via text where he was reluctant to do this in the past. I’ve sent about a dozen texts with no response. I’ve become so dependent on this product I am have anxiety wondering if the company went belly up because of the pandemic. Does anyone on this site use prothik and experiencing the same problem?

I am a long term user and echo your comments. I ordered a case in March and never a peep or a package receipt. I have emailed 3 email addresses that I know with no response. Their phone number is is disconnected.

That said... they updated their website yesterday with tips on unclogging the tips. WTH?

I think their product is hands down the best, but their customer service and communication is enough to chase anyone away.

If they can't run the business, I'll be happy to buy it from them!

SAME Thing... He must buy it from China. He's probably out of business. That's too bad. There is nothing else out there. Yea, someone should buy the company from him. The last I heard from him was way back in January or even before that.. There were many issues with the solution clogging up the nozzle. He told me that they were fixing the issue and had to change the formula for California. I had enough to make it to Corona time. I bought more hats and hardly go out.

Default I received an order 1 month ago

Chatted with Steve via email. They are definitely still in business.

He expected business to get back to normal in July. Maybe try again?

The prices have gone up as well.

Cans still clog. And for some reason, some only spray air unless held upside down. Pretty hard to apply that way, but it is possible.

I sent him an email last night. I'm glad to hear he is still open. Not happy about clogged cans. I have used the upside down method it helps. I also found out that when you are done spraying put the nozzle tip in rubbing alcohol to keep it clean and unclogged.

I also have 2 orders pending. Use to get them within a week. Guys I figured out how to deal with the clogging issues. It’s a bit messy but works. The problem is not the spray nozzles. It’s the can. What I do when can clogs, I’ll take a toothpick or a needle, while wearing gloves, that due to covid19 we should all have. With a paper towel over the gloved hand. Insert the object into the opening of the can until pressure is released.
    Make sure you do this pointing the can into a plastic garbage bag or else. When product sprays out replace nozzle and should be good to go. Good luck