+ Reply to Thread

Default TITLE: My 3rd Hair Transplant Experience - Charles Medical Group, Boca Raton Florida

I'm post-op on my THIRD hair transplant experience with Dr. Charles in Boca Raton Florida. At just about 2 years post of my second - I received plenty of compliments on my hair. Or I should say - ESPECIALLY from people I'd revealed that I had it done, to. A big bonus - is that the scar from my second procedure (which included and replaced the first scar) became so thin and smooth that I could wear my hair super-short in that area of my head, which I really like. Nevertheless, time marches on and I know I was continuing to lose and I wanted to get ahead of the curve. I had a third procedure with 2300 grafts and it was the best experience yet. The office and staff are SO professional. I had an army working on me from the the 4 techs working on the actual grafts dissection to 3 individuals placing them. All is overseen by Dr. Charles and furthermore - he is the one who does all of the surgical (read, 'knife' work). But the experience was extremely professional, and proficient.

Just an all-around great experience. My hair looks great - thick - and best of all - NATURAL. Dr. Glenn Charles is the choice, easily. No regrets.

~Howard

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(following are my posts from another site of my first and second experiences):

Dr. Charles of Boca Raton (Florida) and a word to those considering this surgery 10-03-2006, 03:07 PM

It's 5:45pm EST on the day of my surgery, and I wish to recount my experience (thus far) as well as offer advice to others still considering. I am a very youthful 41 and have gone back-and-forth with doing this for at-least 10 years. Probably because of the relationship(s) I was in previously and the fact that they didn't have issue with my receding hairline, I never committed further than just thinking about it. Now that I'm recently single again, I've decided to address this issue.

Again, I've been aware of my receding hairline for about 10 years, and first noticed those late-night infomercials for 'hair systems'. Remember them? I think it was some combination of your own hair and a wig - not sure. But not very 'natural' and not something I'd seriously considerered. But then.... ALL HAIL BOSLEY MEDICAL. Why? Because those infomercials really put the idea into my head. I want to thank Dr. Bosley and his group for their fancy commercials that really put the idea of hair transplant surgery into me seriously. Oh, I'm not about to go call some place up for a special procedure, just because they had a nice commercial - not for something like this. I would do some research first and if it checks out - then I'd give serious consideration to them. But my research took me to several places - most notably THIS WEBSITE - and I ultimately made my decision to go with Dr. Charles of Boca Raton. Oh, and to clearly AVOID Bosley Medical. (still, I do appreciate all the money they spend creating awareness of this procedure through their marketing).

Ok, so I had my initial consultation with Dr. Charles. They have a beautiful, modern, clean facility that isn't so overly ostentatious that I feel I'm getting rooked to pay for some hyper-rare crazy expensive imported Tibetan marble. Very nice and fresh-looking office. Appointment was timely and also unhurried. Dr. Charles met with me personally, got a feel for what I did and did not know about what the procedure entails, and answered all of my questions and concerns. I ended up booking with his office.

I received a few follow-up phone calls prior to surgery - again all timely and done very professionally. My surgery day arrived (today) and I followed all of the pre-operative instructions, but still unsure what to expect of the day. I was surprised at the large size of the staff on-hand - just for me! And I really appreciated that mine was the only surgery scheduled for the day and was told that this is their policy - one per day. Again, not knowing what to expect, I'd say the only notable 'pain' was the initial numbing shot(s). During my consult, I'd asked why this was not performed under General Anesthesia and was explained that the risk/reward of it was not necessary. Having gone through this day - I wholeheartedly agree. I have gone through General Anesthesia and the experience of coming out of it - plus the day(s) after - it's no walk in the park. Given that the only pain (discomfort) was initially, going with the local is definitely the way for this procedure.

I would have to say I had zero pain during my procedure. As I sar Dr pistone approaching me with a needle and than woke up while they were bandaging my head. No recollection of the surgery at all.

I'm in Florida and on the search for a qualified doc as well. At the risk of sounding blunt, what was the cost per graft with Dr. Charles of Boca? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Galland106 View Post
    I'm in Florida and on the search for a qualified doc as well. At the risk of sounding blunt, what was the cost per graft with Dr. Charles of Boca? Thanks.

I'm told that Charles Medical pricing on grafting is competitive but frankly, I did not shop price. Quality of work is just too important. Sorry if I sound crass but there are some things in life for me that price is not a concern. But again - I believe the pricing at Charles Medical Group is market.