+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default In-depth Histogen trial results

Heads up guys:

http://glamsolutions.com/wp-content/...ion-8.6.10.pdf

Not sure how to square the stats on Page 19 (only a 15% increase in total hair count) with the results on the prior pages that show a 51% and 47% increase in total hair count. Any thoughts?

nice post, ive been following histogen for a while and its good to see an update. The results are just updates on the first trial but are still very encouraging. its also important to remember that these results were received from only one injection, who knows if multiple will increase the hair count...they will be learning this from the next trials.

Inactive

Thumbs up

Note the next step:

"Further clinical evaluation required: multiple treatments, increase dose"

Have the asian trials started yet?

So they actually regrew hairs that fell out completely? An increase in "hair count" seems to suggest exactly that. This is the holy grail of alopecia treatment, is it not? To re-grow hair from "dead" follicles without surgical transplant?

Unfortunately the photos aren't too impressive imo, but I'm hopeful about the potential of bigger doses and multiple treatments

Impressive it seem histogen have several uses besides hair loss!

I think an average of 50% increase all around is pretty good, but I'm wondering about pricing. Considering this will be a competitor against Hair transplants, minoxidil, and Finasteride, I wonder if it'll be priced competitively towards one of those 3? Hopefully not priced against Hair transplants! Or maybe it'll be cheap and prices on other hair products will go down

Quote Originally Posted by NvIs View Post
    Impressive it seem histogen have several uses besides hair loss!

I think an average of 50% increase all around is pretty good, but I'm wondering about pricing. Considering this will be a competitor against Hair transplants, minoxidil, and Finasteride, I wonder if it'll be priced competitively towards one of those 3? Hopefully not priced against Hair transplants! Or maybe it'll be cheap and prices on other hair products will go down
    look, minoxidil and finasteride are treatments, not solutions...and histogen looks like a solution, so even if it costs 100.000 Eur, i'll get it if it restores your head completely.

Quote Originally Posted by NvIs View Post
    I think an average of 50% increase all around is pretty good,
    This is where I get a little iffy. A 50% improvement over one's current hair isn't necessarily impressive, depending on the original hair count. In the end, we alll want to know what % of our original hair can be restored.

If you're a NW6 with 20 hairs on top of his head, and you get another 50% added to it, you'll still only have 30 hairs and will still look like a NW6.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    This is where I get a little iffy. A 50% improvement over one's current hair isn't necessarily impressive, depending on the original hair count. In the end, we alll want to know what % of our original hair can be restored.

If you're a NW6 with 20 hairs on top of his head, and you get another 50% added to it, you'll still only have 30 hairs and will still look like a NW6.
    Very true, but the good thing to look at is it seems the extra hair follicles are increasing more and more each month or increasing at the same rate.
    For one of the tests patients it seemed to keep increasing.
    At the 2 month mark, it increased on an average of 5 hairs a month.
    At the 12 month mark, it increased on an average of 9 hairs a month.
    With the other patient, it stayed steady at 7 hairs a month.
    So I'm very very curious after the 12 month mark if hairs will keep increasing without any other dosage. If you kept increasing hair count at that rate, you'll have some very good gains in some years just at a slower rate than people with more hair. Not to mention if the increased injection dose does yields more gains, then a nice set of hair wouldn't be far.
    I really wouldn't say its the holy grail or a cure yet, but this does seem promising!
    I with they just gave more info on their results...

Im wondering about the hairline. If you have a receiving hairline and you get the injections, will it fill in where your original hairline was? Cant wait for this to finally be out. Do you know if you could put in a large donation and get on the next trail?