RE-DO HAIR TRANSPLANT:Do it Once, Do it Right! Corrective procedure is more difficult

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pradeep Sethi, MD
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Oct 2018

RE-DO HAIR TRANSPLANT:Do it Once, Do it Right! Corrective procedure is more difficult

REGRETTING HAIR TRANSPLANT!

We have started getting more than we could imagine and handle “Regret Hair Transplantation” cases!

These cases are typically
    1) Unnatural looks
    2) Unnatural hairline position
    3) Recognisable “Hair Jobs”
    4) Progressive baldness with bald “halo” around the new fake looking hair
    5) Abnormal temple points and unnatural angle, direction and “curl” of the hair.

It is always difficult to fix these cases, most of them have gone to some extent in depression and social recluse. Their initial enthusiasm has turned into Regrets.
    In last 1 year, we must have done more than 100 repair cases, and we do fear handling these cases for many reasons. The most important being, these are DIFFICULT to do! Extracting the grown hair from the frontal area and then ensuring an invisible scar on the face is very very challenging. And on pigmented skins along with the risk of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation due to sun exposure, it is much more challenging and difficult to take the responsibility of a great outcome on the “FRONTAL” donor area!
    We pray, patients do a long research and “Do it Once, but Do it Right!”

Pradeep Sethi, MD
    Hair Transplant Surgeon at Eugenix Hair Sciences
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons (IAHRS)
    View my IAHRS Profile
  • Sean
    • Jan 2011

Doctor, you are right on. Regretting many things and people I trusted when it came to this. Ive lost faith in certain folks. My scalp is a mess and im needing repair, ethical patient centric repair that is. This is agitating me as the days go by. Hoping to have it resolved soon. Never ever should anyone trust a doctor that looks at costs Per graft and his willingness to get you in the chair and giving you assurances that he cannot cater to. Never fall for some marketing hype. There are very few doctors that actually look at you as human beings and not $$$$$.

Comment

• Sean
      • Jan 2011

What’s the best way to reduce raised tissue in a hair transplant recipient zone? Can anything be injected without risking grafts that were there? Or is a resection necessary if the entire portion if tissue? Or can grafts be punch out to lessen ridging? Dr saab, i’d love to hear your inputs.

Comment

Working...