+ Reply to Thread

Default Have you ever had hair transplanted from your groin to your head?

I'm serious about this.
    I have about 90% of my head covered after 8 hairgrafting sessions in 17 years.

But the only other body hair I have is on my testicles.
    The local physician who does hair transplantation won't do testicle hair to head transplantation, because he says that it's always going to look like testicle hair on my head.

Maybe so, but I'd rather have that than a bald spot.

Does anyone who works for Bosley do this procedure?

You do not want to risk necrosis in the scrotum if trying extract grafts from there. But yes, there have been folks that have gotten pubes planted to the scalp. Does it look natural— it’s up to you if you like wiry kinky hair in between native soft hair. And forget using finasteride for life if you get it— as it sheds these types of hairs.

I perform a lot of pubic hair transplant ( especially in Women who don't have other body hairs ) and in very few cases we took hair in groin , scrotum ,...
    The key factor is the quality of your BHT and their matching with your own scalp hairs .
    Everything you do must first of all appeared natural .
    Beside finasteride Sean , he may consider products such as prp , laser cap or some natural products such as Help Hair whey protein and triphasic serum from Rene Furterer .

Dr Mwamba, that’s interesting. What type of punch do you use? Ugraft? Devroye punch? Lion pen? Harris SAFE or blunt? Or do you have your own proprietary punch?

It’s true prp may be an option, but would laser cap and the protein drink help? A lot of other doctors mentioned protein doesnt do anything. If this particular one does, that’s good to hear. I am going to look into triphasic serum and see what it is about. Thanks for sharing.

But from experience nape, chest, beard did not yield well - i think next to negligible, and where it apparently may have Shown up - it looks unnatural and worse. It may have made things worse and destroyed me further. Im more upset about my life more than ever. I wonder how you do things differently to attain a better result. It will be nice to see some samples of yield and comparisons. I think that may also help the OP see what is achievable.

Dr Mwamba, that’s interesting. What type of punch do you use? Ugraft? Devroye punch? Lion pen? Harris SAFE or blunt? Or do you have your own proprietary punch?

IN GENERAL I USE COLE SERRATED PUNCH ( CIT 0.9 TO 1.0 MM) MANUALLY AND MOTORIZED .IN SOMA CASES I USE DEVROYE PUNCH AND TRIVELLINI FOR LONG FUE .I CARRY ALSO ELLIS PUNCH AND MY OWN FOR SPECIFIC CASES .

FOR AREA LIKE SCROTUM , I PREFER MANUAL PUNCH FOR BETTER CONTROL .

It’s true prp may be an option, but would laser cap and the protein drink help? YES IT WILL .
    A lot of other doctors mentioned protein doesnt do anything. If this particular one does, that’s good to hear. DHT AND ALL THE OTHER CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS HAVE A COMMON POINT : INCREASE INFLAMMATION AROUND HAIR BULB . DHT ACTS BY INCREASING DKK1, TGFBETA AND BMP .
    THE WHEY PROTEIN IS USUALLY TRANSFORMED TO GLUTATHIONE , ONE OF THE POWERFUL ANTIOXYDANT IN OUR BODY ( IMPORTANT TO CLEAN THE INFLAMMATORY ENVIRONMENT AND ITS METABOLITES ).WHEY PROTEIN ALSO BLOCKS TGF BETA .THERE IS DEFINITELY SCIENCE TO BACK IT UP AND I HAVE BEEN RECOMMENDING IT TO MY PATIENT SINCE 2005 WITH CONSISTENT RESULTS .THE ONLY THING I DON'T DO IS TO USE IT ALONE .I ALWAYS COMBINE IT TO FINASTERIDE , MINOXIDIL OR LASER CAP .AND PROTEINES ARE VERY GOOD IN POST OP FOR HEALING .
    I am going to look into triphasic serum and see what it is about. CHECK IT .I REPLACE THE MINOXIDIL FOAM WITH THIS NATURAL PRODUCT .AND FOR MINOXIDIL , I MOVED TO THE ORAL ONE .
    Thanks for sharing. YOU ARE WELCOME .

But from experience nape, chest, beard did not yield well - i think next to negligible, and where it apparently may have Shown up - it looks unnatural and worse. It may have made things worse and destroyed me further. Im more upset about my life more than ever. I wonder how you do things differently to attain a better result. It will be nice to see some samples of yield and comparisons. I think that may also help the OP see what is achievable.
    MY YIELD FOR BHT IS QUITE GOOD .I ENCOURAGE ALL MY PATIENT TO INJECT PRP WHEN I AM PERFORMING BHT .HOLDING SOLUTION WITH HYPOTHERMOSOL AND ATP IS A KEY FACTOR IN MY OPINION .
    HANDLING OF GRAFTS AND MATCHING SCALP GRAFTS AND BHT ARE IMPORTANT FACTORS OF SUCCESS .AND I ALWAYS EXPLAIN AND SHOW PATIENTS WHAT TO EXPECT SO THEY HAVE REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS.I NEVER PUSH FOR BHT BUT I CAN TELL YOU THERE IS A LOT PATIENTS WHO ARE THANKING ME FOR RECOMMENDING IT .

Default Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by drmwamba View Post

IN GENERAL I USE COLE SERRATED PUNCH ( CIT 0.9 TO 1.0 MM) MANUALLY AND MOTORIZED .IN SOMA CASES I USE DEVROYE PUNCH AND TRIVELLINI FOR LONG FUE .I CARRY ALSO ELLIS PUNCH AND MY OWN FOR SPECIFIC CASES .

FOR AREA LIKE SCROTUM , I PREFER MANUAL PUNCH FOR BETTER CONTROL .

It’s true prp may be an option, but would laser cap and the protein drink help? YES IT WILL .
    A lot of other doctors mentioned protein doesnt do anything. If this particular one does, that’s good to hear. DHT AND ALL THE OTHER CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS HAVE A COMMON POINT : INCREASE INFLAMMATION AROUND HAIR BULB . DHT ACTS BY INCREASING DKK1, TGFBETA AND BMP .
    THE WHEY PROTEIN IS USUALLY TRANSFORMED TO GLUTATHIONE , ONE OF THE POWERFUL ANTIOXYDANT IN OUR BODY ( IMPORTANT TO CLEAN THE INFLAMMATORY ENVIRONMENT AND ITS METABOLITES ).WHEY PROTEIN ALSO BLOCKS TGF BETA .THERE IS DEFINITELY SCIENCE TO BACK IT UP AND I HAVE BEEN RECOMMENDING IT TO MY PATIENT SINCE 2005 WITH CONSISTENT RESULTS .THE ONLY THING I DON'T DO IS TO USE IT ALONE .I ALWAYS COMBINE IT TO FINASTERIDE , MINOXIDIL OR LASER CAP .AND PROTEINES ARE VERY GOOD IN POST OP FOR HEALING .
    I am going to look into triphasic serum and see what it is about. CHECK IT .I REPLACE THE MINOXIDIL FOAM WITH THIS NATURAL PRODUCT .AND FOR MINOXIDIL , I MOVED TO THE ORAL ONE .
    Thanks for sharing. YOU ARE WELCOME .

MY YIELD FOR BHT IS QUITE GOOD .I ENCOURAGE ALL MY PATIENT TO INJECT PRP WHEN I AM PERFORMING BHT .HOLDING SOLUTION WITH HYPOTHERMOSOL AND ATP IS A KEY FACTOR IN MY OPINION .
    HANDLING OF GRAFTS AND MATCHING SCALP GRAFTS AND BHT ARE IMPORTANT FACTORS OF SUCCESS .AND I ALWAYS EXPLAIN AND SHOW PATIENTS WHAT TO EXPECT SO THEY HAVE REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS.I NEVER PUSH FOR BHT BUT I CAN TELL YOU THERE IS A LOT PATIENTS WHO ARE THANKING ME FOR RECOMMENDING IT .
    Dr Mwamba,

First, I want to thank you for being one of the few doctors who actually go out of their way to respond eloquently to a person asking a question on these forums. Not many doctors do this or put much effort into educating folks and answering concerned parties it seems. It seems they just want to show and then post ti show another patient. I thank you for being interactive.

1) It’s nice to see you have a variety of punches and will use them based on patient needs and how you see one punch beneficial for a patient vs another. Some docs use one size fits all for most their patients so this is good to know you do this differently. You know where and what level these things are utilized.

2) In regard to scrotum, where would that hair go, not in hairline? Or would it go toward crown and as filler hair for scarring? Is the growth ok? Does it look natural and will it grow long like scalp hair?

3). I am surprised to learn about protein and laser cap being viable solutions for hairloss and health. Based on what some folks mentioned, they scared me saying protein may increase your testosterone levels and activate dht on the scalp + excessive sebum. Regarding laser, some doctors are saying it does nothing but is there a specific type of laser that does this better than the other? Is there a method Or hours to maybe use it?

4) i looked into triphasic serum After you mentioned and only one name came up by the name of renee furterer. Not sure if thats the one or if we mix it with anything? As far as Minoxidil pilk, i think in the US, it is hard to get It unless there are blood pressure concerns a doc can validate. I do wonder how well it works. If it can help me.

5). I am glad your yield is great for bht and other hairs. I had nape, bht, beard hairs on scalp to try to repair and it came out bad and ruined even my existing hairs. Thus, damaging my scalp more and leaving me with pain. You must be doing something different. Mine was based off this suction tool and it may have been detrimental, but then again, i did ask the doc for lateral slit but my hair looks like standing trees in areas where it minimally grew. The excessive saline seems to have permanently shocked some hairs and my crown as well. Dont think the solution had a mixture to yours. In any case, Im left quite broken and very disheartened.

Your ATP, hypothermasol, prp, may also be a key ingredient to the success. The way you handle grafts and match them as well. I am happy your honest about body hairs and what patients it can be utilized for.

I really hope i can get out of the mess ive been put in. It’s taking a major toll and unfortunately. I learned and am learning how this industry plays. Trying to see how i can reduce ridging, cobblestoning, and scarring up top. Then to find a way to properly repair to make it look natural so folks eyes dont glare at my scalp.

Its Easy to take and make money, but ignoring damages to patient is distasteful. Not understanding the suffrage of a patient and taking them on for a repair goal and not fulfilling it is downright upsetting. Also, Docs using unethical protocols can cause so much damage to a patient’s scalp and face and body.

I wish i had never stepped into the chair, for the damages done initially, impacted me and seems like gave me a bad stepping stone.

I want to thank you again for your responses. I also know you do decent work. I am also amazed at how well you do African American hair. Very very few can nail it and Yours seems and probably is one of the best. Thanks and take care.
    Last edited by Sean; 05-09-2020 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Praise