RU58841 is it safe? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    10

    Default RU58841 is it safe?

    Im considering giving this a go, since im all out of options.

    One question, it seems people are reporting side effects, chest pain etc and something ive read about it affecting the heart.
    Is any of this true? Its applied topically, so assumed it wouldnt be too dangerous.
    Anyone used this supplier?
    https://anageninc.com/ru58841-solution-50ml.html

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4

    Default

    This supplier is legit, I use them.
    RU is safe for the majority.
    Some who get sides are using really high doses like 150mg when actually it's effective at just 20mg. Sometimes less.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BernieBurns View Post
    This supplier is legit, I use them.
    RU is safe for the majority.
    Some who get sides are using really high doses like 150mg when actually it's effective at just 20mg. Sometimes less.
    OK, thats good to know. From what i had been reading about it, the side effects are due to it binding to androgen receptors in the heart.
    Is there even any studies on this or is this just speculation?
    Its supposed to work better in conjunction with minox from what I understand.
    Is it possible to mix it with minox, or do you have to use them separate?
    I believe FR10 is a good minox to use.

    I also see its available as a powder or solution. Is it easy to prepare by mixing in alcohol as you use it?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4

    Default

    There is a shit ton of scaremongering out there, many of whom are not mentally sound.
    I'm not saying they're all wrong, meds are complicated, but there's been no scientific correlation with the use of anti-androgens and heart problems. E.g. Male to Female transgender people can nuke all their androgen receptors with a combination of antiandrogens and have fine hearts.
    With Topical RU The systemic absorption is very low. It has a short half-life and its metabolites are very weak.
    It's only been tested on mice and money's (Maquaques) where there were no observable side effects but they did find traces of metabolites in a couple of them but not in the rest.
    I not sure what make FR10 is but yeah Minoxodil is a fine solvent, but best to keep it in the fridge and store before using.
    If you want to play it safe, start with 10mg topical a day
    ps Anagen Inc is a good, trusted supllier

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BernieBurns View Post
    There is a shit ton of scaremongering out there, many of whom are not mentally sound.
    I'm not saying they're all wrong, meds are complicated, but there's been no scientific correlation with the use of anti-androgens and heart problems. E.g. Male to Female transgender people can nuke all their androgen receptors with a combination of antiandrogens and have fine hearts.
    With Topical RU The systemic absorption is very low. It has a short half-life and its metabolites are very weak.
    It's only been tested on mice and money's (Maquaques) where there were no observable side effects but they did find traces of metabolites in a couple of them but not in the rest.
    I not sure what make FR10 is but yeah Minoxodil is a fine solvent, but best to keep it in the fridge and store before using.
    If you want to play it safe, start with 10mg topical a day
    ps Anagen Inc is a good, trusted supllier
    Yes, I thought being topical, it would be rather safe. I think most the scaremongering is surrounding the fact that its not approved for this use and then the argument i see is if it works so well, why is it not being used and why has research stopped on it?

    Im thinking of doing it for 12 months and if no results, there is probably not much point continuing further, but have nothing to loose.

    BTW, FR10 is this stuff here, IDK if there is a better minox out there, or if i should just go with a basic one with no other fancy additives.
    https://minoxidilexpress.com/product...dil-treatment/
    Is the powder the best option to go for? It looks like its probably a cheaper way to buy it, but will need more time to prepare.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Ok, the Azaleaic acid is good to have too, the other ingredients I don't think are proven.
    The company developing it went through a merger and I suppose certain projects were scrapped. Since then no company has bothered spending the millions of dollars needed to get is patented and approved.
    Just how it is. Definitely worth a shot, many have seen great results with it

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BernieBurns View Post
    Ok, the Azaleaic acid is good to have too, the other ingredients I don't think are proven.
    The company developing it went through a merger and I suppose certain projects were scrapped. Since then no company has bothered spending the millions of dollars needed to get is patented and approved.
    Just how it is. Definitely worth a shot, many have seen great results with it
    Thats helpful thanks, I will shop around and see if other brands have Azaleaic acid rather than shipping international to New Zealand if possible.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4

    Default

    No worries,
    A website called Minoxodil Max has some decent priced ones and international tracking is good. Probably be delayed from anywhere with what's going on though.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BernieBurns View Post
    No worries,
    A website called Minoxodil Max has some decent priced ones and international tracking is good. Probably be delayed from anywhere with what's going on though.
    Thanks, ill take a look. I can wait for the time being, getting stuff shipped around is a nightmare as it is.
    I see they have Minoxodil with Finasteride. I didnt think that would work topically?
    Either way, from what i understand, RU targets more receptors than Finasteride.

Similar Threads

  1. Is Propecia Really safe?
    By Taka4312 in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 11-11-2014, 04:36 PM
  2. Is it safe to use RU?
    By JulioGP in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-27-2014, 01:26 PM
  3. How safe is RU58841? Will it cause same sides as FIN?
    By cp9 in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 06:21 AM
  4. do you think replicel will be safe?
    By jman91 in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-15-2012, 04:35 PM
  5. Procerin is Safe
    By miofit in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 04:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Rosemary Extract
Today 01:08 PM
by jsl777
Last Post By jsl777
Today 01:47 PM
Finasteride 5mg blue film coating. Tablets divisible?
01-06-2020 09:25 AM
Last Post By timoat
Today 11:51 AM
Travelling to Turkey in May for FUE with BHT
02-24-2019 11:45 PM
Last Post By Unknown0125
Today 10:48 AM
Best surgeon in England?
06-11-2020 06:06 AM
Last Post By HTP1
Today 04:09 AM