+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy I started loosing my hair at 18, now im 35

Any advice on what I should do?
    Its taken me so long to own the fact that ive gone bald.
    It happened so fast at the age of 18! I could not believe it at the time, basically lost everything on top and now been slowly thinning out at the front over the years.
    Its my own stupid fault that I did not take propecia when I had the chance, but was put off it with side effects and with a mother at the time who was very anti drugs/medication put me off going down that path.

Anyway, I will consider a hair transplant as a last resort, but would rather try other options first.

Should I try propecia and/or minoxidil?
    Im hoping I might be able to even get some growth to return and make a HT that much easier.

Ideally I dont think its good relying on drugs if I can help it as its not only costing you money, but you have to keep taking it.

Seems the main side effect is impotence i hear from propecia.

The dermatilogist at the time said its not uncommon to loose hair at my age, which I thought was uncommon at 18. Either way he was no help other than to take propecia or use minoxidil.

Ive always had dandruff and a terrible flaky scalp.
    I wondered if this had anything to do with it, as it was the same area affected where ive gone bald. Ive recently been using nizoral regularly, and it helps keep on top of it, but have also learned it is a good DHT blocker.

I dont think I can ever cope with a shaved head, its bad enough as it is and I dont even want to look at myself in the mirror its that bad, its like im still pretending im not bald. Its really affected my self esteem.
    Ive been holding out for replicel or some other treatment to come out, but still waiting.

Im hoping there is some treatment I can try that might even give me back 20% of what I have lost, I would be happy with.
    Im not sure if any of the foliciles are all dead now, but they still seem to be producing very fine hairs, like short fluff, so obviously they are still alive.

IDK where I would have got the gene from, as my brother has a full head of hair and neither my father or grandfathers were bald.
    There probably was some generations back if i did a bit of family research, but seems like Russian roulette who gets the gene?

If anyone can recommend a good clinic in New Zealand, that would be good too.

All we have is Clive clinics, Advanced hair studio and Ashley and Martin.

I have not heard that great stuff about Clive Clinics and Advanced Hair Studio.

I think its worth getting another opinion from a professional in the field, as is it possible my hair loss is not MPB at all?

Post your pics