+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Guys, do NOT underestimate Minoxidil. I said this before but for me Minoxidil works better than Fin. Just make sure you buy something that has real Minox in it and not some garbage made of water and minox scent (alcohol). Buy Rogaine if you can. If not Kirkland brand Minox BUT STAY AWAY FROM A PRODUCT SOLD ON EBAY UNDER DUALGEN 15% that claims to have 15% Minox. Snake oil.

BTW, I do NOT believe Minox loses its effectiveness after a certain number of years like some say. I've been on it for more than 15 years and it still WORKS. Yes, it doesn't stop hair loss completely but it sure does slow it down big time.

I've also had better success with minoxidil on hairline. It's thickened it up somewhat and my corners are growing new hair. I get a bit lazy some days but just got the foam and finding that so much easier to apply, so I'm gonna stick to it more regularly from now on!

I've been slapping Minox foam on my hairline for a year now-it never really improved.
    Within a month of starting my Minox campaign my fairly strong hairline looked raped.
    Guess I'm not a responder.

Default Progress - 2 years

Hello everyone,

I am back to post another progress photo that I just took 5 minutes ago. Same bathroom, same light, same crappy camera

As of today, I have been on Propecia for over 2 years! (it's hard to believe!!!) and I have been using Rogaine Foam for about 8 months now. I am not 100% regular, but, out of 14 applications that are recommended per week, I probably do about 10, on average. With Propecia, I am a bit more regular.

I wish I had done a follicle count prior to starting my regimen so I would know certain things for sure, but, from what I can tell, my hairloss at least hasn't progressed aggressively.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rog.jpg

Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	17898

So far, I am satisfied with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Ćelo View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am back to post another progress photo that I just took 5 minutes ago. Same bathroom, same light, same crappy camera

As of today, I have been on Propecia for over 2 years! (it's hard to believe!!!) and I have been using Rogaine Foam for about 8 months now. I am not 100% regular, but, out of 14 applications that are recommended per week, I probably do about 10, on average. With Propecia, I am a bit more regular.

I wish I had done a follicle count prior to starting my regimen so I would know certain things for sure, but, from what I can tell, my hairloss at least hasn't progressed aggressively.

Attachment 17898

So far, I am satisfied with the results.
    WOW, amazing results Celo, thanks for sharing!

Default Update / Generic

Hi all,

I am swinging by to make another update on my case.

I've been on Propecia / Rogaine for almost 3 years (in a couple months). I still don't have any side effects (at least not noticeable to me). I have skipped Propecia for almost 10 days recently due to scheduling/laziness, and I have skipped it in the past as well (for a few days at a time). The same goes for Rogaine...

However, overall, I am currently pleased with my hair. Every now and then, I get people complimenting how 'good' my hair is, and it's been a very long time since anyone has said the other thing - 'are you losing hair?'

Last month when I was getting a haircut (same place, same person for over five years), the hair stylist asked me if I did something to my hair because it looks thicker and healthier than before. Greatest compliment ever

Also, when I was getting my prescription refilled last week, my prescribing doctor, who I haven't seen in a while (it's a multi-doctor office) asked me how I was doing with it, bla bla. Then he looked at my hair based on his notes and said, and I quote "Oh, you're a new puppy!" (weird, sure, but hell yeah).

After that visit I went to Rite Aid and decided to try their generic finasteride. It was only a little cheaper, but they actually didn't have Propecia so I figured I'd give it a try. The pills are a bit smaller, round, and have a three digit number imprinted on them (171, I believe). We'll see how it goes.

The products work for me too...good luck in the future, looks great now..!

Amazing. A good success story. The biggest takeway from this that people need to remember is that this is a condition that CAN be treated with patience and medication, it is not hopeless unlike what some would say, and maintenance is a success.

Making another update.

I have been on Rite Aid's generic fin since July 2013. No changes that I noticed at all. Starting next month or so, I am going to try Costco's Actavis brand of fin, which is significant savings over any of the brands I have used thus far. At only about $13/mo for non-members, or $9 for Costco members.

If anyone has used it, please chime in..

Thanks!

Wow, I can't believe I created this post almost 8 years ago!

Looking at my progress photos from almost 4 years ago, and comparing to now, I think my hair on the very top has thinned out since. I am still on Fin and Rogaine. The fin I use is a Costco generic and I'm not sure if it's any different or if I simply don't care as much anymore. What a difference being 27 and almost 35.

The good news is, I still have my hair. I won't have it forever, but this is past my expectations. My bigger concern now is any negative long-term effects from taking this stuff.