+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ćelo View Post
    So, I just bought a 3-month supply of Rogaine Foam at Rite Aid while picking up my Propecia...
    Rogaine has a rebate promotion going on right now. Here is the link to the form so you can get $20.00 back.

http://www.rogaine.com/sites/default...OG-CPN-NAT.pdf

Just in case you can't see the rebate form, here is Rogaine's website.

http://www.rogaine.com/

The ultimate test, so to speak, will be tomorrow morning when I apply it fresh out of shower. I should be able to work into my normal routine without sacrificing the 'good' look I try to maintain when doing my hair.
    I put it in once my hair is towel dry damp and after I have detangled with my fingers. Basically, you need to massage it into your scalp before you use any other hair care/styling products or concealers.

Wash your hands often while doing your hair to avoid getting the medicine anywhere you might not want it to be.

Thanks Tracy!

I will definitely print the rebate form out and send what's needed. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I put it in once my hair is towel dry damp and after I have detangled with my fingers. Basically, you need to massage it into your scalp before you use any other hair care/styling products or concealers.
    Not sure what your hair and haircut look like, but what you do after washing hair makes perfect sense and is the way I will approach this.

Not sure what your hair and haircut look like, but what you do after washing hair makes perfect sense and is the way I will approach this.
    My hair is long. This is the closest to what my hairstyle looks like that I could find quickly.

I see, makes sense

So, I did my normal routine this morning + Rogaine. I towel dried my hair, applied it, combed it a bit to cover the bald-er spot I created by the application, quickly blow dried my hair as always and applied product. Not too bad, but I am definitely scarifying coverage of the crown by applying it..it seems to just stiffen the hair and bunch it up as if you were to apply too much hair gel/whatever.

As my pictures show (in previous posts), I don't have a clear bald spot, but a thinning one, so that makes it a bit difficult to get into the scalp.

As my pictures show (in previous posts), I don't have a clear bald spot, but a thinning one, so that makes it a bit difficult to get into the scalp.
    I massage it in a little bit at a time by parting my hair in several places and applying it down into the part. That seems to work O.K. for me with my long hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I massage it in a little bit at a time by parting my hair in several places and applying it down into the part. That seems to work O.K. for me with my long hair.
    Question for you: How long have you been using it and how well do you feel it's working for you? Any photos?

I've been using Rogaine and generic Minoxidil for a bit over four years. I've been using the laser comb for almost five years now. The fist six months of treating my hair loss I used only the laser comb. It did improve the hair that I had a lot but I don't think it made any hair grow back. The second six months I used both the laser comb and Rogaine. By the end of that second six month period it was obvious that I was growing some hair back. Over the years as my hair goes through it's cycles it has been filling in and thickening up slowly.

Rogaine is just one part of my regimen but it is doing it's part to reverse my hair loss. My hair is still filling in slowly - very slowly. Treating hair loss is a painfully slow process.

I am adding these photos of my first application of Rogaine, just to track my progress. I bought a 3-months supply, so hopefully I'll remember to take a follow-up photo after that's over.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	celorog.jpg

Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	13546  

Just an update on my part... It's been about two and a half months since I started using Rogaine twice daily. I have been pretty good about being regular about it, however, I did miss some applications. I don't see any results so far. No new baby hairs or such.

I will post some pics soon to keep up with my progress/regress.

Don't give up on the Rogaine just yet. When I was able to use Propecia, I tried it by itself and with Rogaine. I had a noticeable hair increase when I added the Rogaine. Also you may start seeing shedding/regrowth cycles and that is usually a sign that it's starting to work ...

Hang in there and good luck