+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...... SORRY..... Propecia may cause breast cancer?

I know it causes Gyno but didnt have a clue it could even cause breast cancer?!!??!?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by benq1983 View Post
    Hi there,

your photo shows difussed thining on the crown like me buddy. Dont sweat it, your not actually bald there, there is still hair so you can hid that perfectly with some toppik/nanogen (I use the latter but im in the uk, you might find toppik easier or cheaper to get).

Try youtubing "nanogen".

I would suggest you get some Minoxidil on that, but check with your doc re: blood pressure etc first, I got dizzy on that but had to stop, but my brother and friend are both fine on it.

Propecia is your other medical choice, however there has been a report in the UK that says medics cant rule out possiblity of it causing breast cancer in men plus it can cause deformaties in unborn children.

My advice is get some toppik, keep it looking this with that stuff, then once it gets to the point that the top is about to go and you cant hide it, get a hair system. That is the only two methid i know for realistically having a thick looking head of hair. Meds have varying results at best.

Hope this helps you chap, if not, send me a message and I will be happy to share my thoughts with you some more and or give you some more advice.

In the end its up to you which route to choose. You can always shave it off (i tried that too and it looked rubbish).

Benq
    Thanks for the advice, Benq. I have been on Propecia for 8 months now, and I will continue to use it. I am considering incorporating Minoxidil into my regiment to try and revive some of the hair on my crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Ćelo View Post
    Thanks for the advice, Benq. I have been on Propecia for 8 months now, and I will continue to use it. I am considering incorporating Minoxidil into my regiment to try and revive some of the hair on my crown.

No probs pal, my bro is on the minoxidil (UHP Spectral) and my friend is on Regaine (Rogaine in USA). Spectral is A LOT cheaper, 6 months worth is about the same price at 1 month of Regaine. However, Regaine is a foam that dries quickly, Spectral is in a bottle and it is applied using a dropper. Spectral takes about 20 mins to dry, so if you like to rush out in the morning its not great.

As I said before, I got very light headed from Minoxidil and had to stop, I hear that this is rare though, so you should be fine. Good luck with it and remember you must do it twice a day every day to make it work and if you stop the extra hair just falls out. Minoxidil works usually for 5 years before the effects start to die off.

Benq

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...... SORRY..... Propecia may cause breast cancer?

I know it causes Gyno but didnt have a clue it could even cause breast cancer?!!??!?!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Check it out for yourself: http://www.nelm.nhs.uk/en/NeLM-Area/...breast-cancer/

Thats the safety advice from the NHS (National health Service - this is the national health service for the UK).

Hey peeps,

Just wanted to post a quick frontal picture that I just took today, with my hair "done".

The upper picture was taken in the bathroom, under a harsh fluorescent light, using my phone. My hair looks terrible, and actually doesn't look (well, to me) nearly as bad when looking straight at the mirror.
    Note: Notice on the right side, how you can see my scalp through my hair? That's actually a scar (~2.5 inch diameter) that I got in a car accident 8 years ago. Back then, you couldn't see it at all because the approximate half inch of hair that is standing in front of it was much, much thicker..

The lower pictures was taken 10 minutes later, in a similarly lit environment (office lighting, fluorescent), but the light is much softer.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	light-goodbad.jpg

Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	10010

Hey peeps,

Just wanted to post a quick frontal picture that I just took today, with my hair "done".

The upper picture was taken in the bathroom, under a harsh fluorescent light, using my phone. My hair looks terrible, and actually doesn't look (well, to me) nearly as bad when looking straight at the mirror.
    Note: Notice on the right side, how you can see my scalp through my hair? That's actually a scar (~2.5 inch diameter) that I got in a car accident 8 years ago. Back then, you couldn't see it at all because the approximate half inch of hair that is standing in front of it was much, much thicker..

The lower pictures was taken 10 minutes later, in a similarly lit environment (office lighting, fluorescent), but the light is much softer.
    Attachment 10010
    Hi Celo,

Your shots look like youre a young lad in your twenties. I am 28. I had a hair style like you up until last August (2010). You have diffused balding at the very early stage. Mine is more advanced than you and I hide it no problem. Spiking your hair up is the problem, youre letting light straight through, even the thickest hair looks thinner when spiked. Trick is to crop it and comb forward giving you a sharp look, then use nanogen fibres or Toppik fibres on your hair. The stuff is like magic, you just then spray some hair spray on to seal it. You will have a wicked looking thick head of hair again and only you and your hair dresser need ever know.

Quote Originally Posted by benq1983 View Post
    Hi Celo,

Your shots look like youre a young lad in your twenties. I am 28. I had a hair style like you up until last August (2010). You have diffused balding at the very early stage. Mine is more advanced than you and I hide it no problem. Spiking your hair up is the problem, youre letting light straight through, even the thickest hair looks thinner when spiked. Trick is to crop it and comb forward giving you a sharp look, then use nanogen fibres or Toppik fibres on your hair. The stuff is like magic, you just then spray some hair spray on to seal it. You will have a wicked looking thick head of hair again and only you and your hair dresser need ever know.
    Benq,

I am actually 28 as well. My hair actually (still) looks good with this hairstyle for the most part, especially if I use a thickening shampoo (which I didn't today). I am considering the use of toppik/nanogen, I think I'll give it a try soon just to see how it works for me.

Benq,

I am actually 28 as well. My hair actually (still) looks good with this hairstyle for the most part, especially if I use a thickening shampoo (which I didn't today). I am considering the use of toppik/nanogen, I think I'll give it a try soon just to see how it works for me.
    Celo

Well, this is how i have mine:

Its hard to tell on these pics but it gives you the idea how well it covers. It really is magic. Not sure how it will work with spikes but if you can, let us know (pic if you can!)

Benq

i've got a question about this nanogen stuff and toppik. What about when people run their fingers through your hair? does the stuff come off on the hands?

Benq - I'd love to be able to compare the two of your pics in the same lighting/conditions, but it really does look like a dramatic improvement.

Thebaldone1 - I'd love to know the same.

Also, does it irritate the scalp? That's one of the reasons I'm not to crazy about getting it, I have a very sensitive scalp.