+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

did you take pictures..its hard to go off of memory. i took pictures before and after.

Default Updates!

Please keep updating us with your progress!!

Quote Originally Posted by moses0324 View Post
    did you take pictures..its hard to go off of memory. i took pictures before and after.
    Moses, there is a picture in my original post, however, I should have taken more, in different conditions, because that one doesn't fully represent the issue. I will try to take some new ones soon, though, at least measure the progress from now on.

Hey Ćelo, I was hoping to get some updates. How have your progress been ? Are you still taking propecia ? And is it the only medication you are using ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rupi View Post
    Hey Ćelo, I was hoping to get some updates. How have your progress been ? Are you still taking propecia ? And is it the only medication you are using ?

Hey Rupi,

I am still taking 1mg (one pill) daily, before bed. I take it religiously and I have only skipped a few days, here and there, when I run out of pills and have no time to go pick up some more, usually because I have to get another prescription filled.

As far as progress, it is difficult to say exactly, but I believe that I my hair has been at least maintained well. This is the 8th month of Propecia for me, so it may be to early to tell. Prior to Propecia, I wasn't losing hair very quickly, it was a gradual process over the past several years, so it would be unreasonable to expect a miracle to happen. My hair is much thinner than it was two-three years ago, but if I can maintain what I have, that would be a great success for me. I go 6-8 weeks between haircuts, and sometimes even longer, so when my hair is long, there is definitely a noticeable thinning, almost-a-bald-spot on the crown. I cut my hair 3 days ago, and even though it looks overall not thick, the crown area is way nicer looking and way more blended in with the rest.

The photos that I am posting are from 5 minutes ago, taken with my phone, in the mirror, so the quality isn't the best. The original "before" photo was taken with a DSLR camera, and my hair was longer, so area around the crown looks much thicker for that reason.

The only other thing that I'm using is Nizoral shampoo, three times a week. I am contemplating starting the Rogaine Foam to see whether it would do anything for my crown area as far as growth is concerned. Haven't started yet, but if I do, I will update everyone here.

In all honesty, there are days when I doubt that it's working at all and I get disappointed by what I see in the mirror (on my crown). Other days, however, I feel great about it. It's a long process and I am patient.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	celo1marked.jpg

Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	9794   Click image for larger version

Name:	side.jpg

Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	9795  

you are not balding, that is a cowlick.. If I had the hair you did then I wouldn't be on this site

Thebaldone1 - haha, I wish! But unfortunately, I am balding. As I said, these are really bad representation of how thin/fine my hair is, so I don't blame you for not seeing it.

HEy Ćelo, thanks for your reply. From looking at your earlier pics, and the recent ones. It is pretty obvious that it is working .. I think if you add Rogaine to your regime , you will see even better results.

I have started using Rogaine about a month ago, and planning on continuing using it. Also getting my Propeica prescription filled in 3 days. Although I am planning on taking it at much lower dosage.

first week one pill a week , second week two pill and so forth. I think it might help to build some tolerance to the drug. Also I have added, a lot of proven aphrodisiacs food to my already pretty healthy diet. would not want to lose any libido now. As it is one the sides of being on propecia.

Anyways, hopefully this keeps working for you, and keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ćelo View Post
    Thebaldone1 - haha, I wish! But unfortunately, I am balding. As I said, these are really bad representation of how thin/fine my hair is, so I don't blame you for not seeing it.
    Thebaldone1 and others, these photos were taken fresh out of the shower, with the same phone and under the same light as my previous pictures, but in this case my head has just been towel dried. You can definitely see the issue

I didn't have any 'wet' photos posted so I thought I'd use this opportunity for tracking as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	celo1wet.jpg

Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	9881

Click image for larger version

Name:	celo2wt.jpg

Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	9882

Hi there,

your photo shows difussed thining on the crown like me buddy. Dont sweat it, your not actually bald there, there is still hair so you can hid that perfectly with some toppik/nanogen (I use the latter but im in the uk, you might find toppik easier or cheaper to get).

Try youtubing "nanogen".

I would suggest you get some Minoxidil on that, but check with your doc re: blood pressure etc first, I got dizzy on that but had to stop, but my brother and friend are both fine on it.

Propecia is your other medical choice, however there has been a report in the UK that says medics cant rule out possiblity of it causing breast cancer in men plus it can cause deformaties in unborn children.

My advice is get some toppik, keep it looking this with that stuff, then once it gets to the point that the top is about to go and you cant hide it, get a hair system. That is the only two methid i know for realistically having a thick looking head of hair. Meds have varying results at best.

Hope this helps you chap, if not, send me a message and I will be happy to share my thoughts with you some more and or give you some more advice.

In the end its up to you which route to choose. You can always shave it off (i tried that too and it looked rubbish).

Benq