Is this "typical" male pattern baldness?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeCassell
    • Mar 2020

Is this "typical" male pattern baldness?

I am a 36 year old man and when I decided to get my hair cut much shorter last September, I noticed some balding patches. I started to use Minoxidil 5% twice daily which seemed to help at first. Today, I took another picture and the balding has gotten much worse despite the Rogain usage. And as you can see, it is coming out in weird patches instead of the typical pattern I see in most balding men. I'll add that I suffer from very bad stress and scalp psoriasis, though the psoriasis is basically under contro thanks to biologic medications.

The picture of me in the red shirt is the photo from September. The one of me in the black shirt is from today. Any idea what can be causing this baldness?
    Attached Files
  • naqutavi
    • Mar 2020

Originally posted by MikeCassell
    I am a 36 year old man and when I decided to get my hair cut much shorter last September, I noticed some balding patches. I started to use Minoxidil 5% twice daily which seemed to help at first. Today, I took another picture and the balding has gotten much worse despite the Rogain usage. And as you can see, it is coming out in weird patches instead of the typical pattern I see in most balding men. I'll add that I suffer from very bad stress and scalp psoriasis, though the psoriasis is basically under contro thanks to biologic medications.

The picture of me in the red shirt is the photo from September. The one of me in the black shirt is from today. Any idea what can be causing this baldness?
    Hello,
    I don't think it's typical.

Comment

• MikeCassell
      • Mar 2020

Originally posted by naqutavi
      Hello,
      I don't think it's typical.
      Do you think it's male pattern baldness at all or something else entirely? Thank you.

Comment

• Ht2
        • Sep 2019

Looks like Diffuse Unpatterned Alopecia (DUPA).

Comment

Working...