+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

keep me posted.

Quote Originally Posted by dgman21 View Post
    Just purchased 1

Default desperate

I hope that every poor soul desperate for help reads this thread before potentially ruining his life

Default Few questions

Hi Jack. Thanks so much for sharing your story and i'm sorry you're suffering thru the aftermath of this HT you've had. Hopefully in a short few years either Histogen or Aderans will help you regain a natural hairline. I had a few questions i was hoping to ask you. I did read your detailed first paragraph, but i wanted to find out what exactly went wrong after the surgery? Did the newly implanted hairs fail to grow? Did you have more crowning/hair loss? As in an elevated Norwood classification? Also as you mentioned your HT surgeon tried to dissuade you from having the surgery, was this because you didn't have a large donor area or was your scalp laxity too tight? Best of luck.

Not to speak for Jack but re read his story

"....the scar was a million times worse than I thought it would be. Soon, however, the thinning got worse and worse and toppik and couvre were simply not an option. I was too thin on top to use concealors so I just decided to bite the bullet and shave my head (not with a razor - with a # 1 guard). I thought it looked ok - except for the really huge scar at the back...."

I have to echo those sentiments about the strip scar in back.

You have to think long and hard about committing to a surgical procedure that will give you a scar for the rest of your life.

My strip scar is a line across the back of my head that prevents me from cutting my hair short. That is a PERMANENT problem. Do not get a strip procedure unless you can handle this scar.

Quote Originally Posted by Don'tDoIt View Post
    I have to echo those sentiments about the strip scar in back.

You have to think long and hard about committing to a surgical procedure that will give you a scar for the rest of your life.

My strip scar is a line across the back of my head that prevents me from cutting my hair short. That is a PERMANENT problem. Do not get a strip procedure unless you can handle this scar.
    I Agree 100%, I can't believe I even considered this, but I did, don't make the same mistake.

There is 0 profit in cures.

Default ugly SOB

I was told that the density of my donor area was average. I was also told that the elasticity of the donor area was good. The transplanted hairs all took root. It was just that after a few years even with the transplanted hair and my natural growing hair there was very, very little coverage on top and an ENORMOUS scar at the back from ear to ear. It is terrible, terrible trade off. It kept me stuck in a rug for two years. Now I just shave my head scars and all and am trying to get used to being an ugly SOB.

[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by southasian View Post
    Hi Jack. Thanks so much for sharing your story and i'm sorry you're suffering thru the aftermath of this HT you've had. Hopefully in a short few years either Histogen or Aderans will help you regain a natural hairline. I had a few questions i was hoping to ask you. I did read your detailed first paragraph, but i wanted to find out what exactly went wrong after the surgery? Did the newly implanted hairs fail to grow? Did you have more crowning/hair loss? As in an elevated Norwood classification? Also as you mentioned your HT surgeon tried to dissuade you from having the surgery, was this because you didn't have a large donor area or was your scalp laxity too tight? Best of luck.

fwiw...and its just an opinion from a person that doesn't know you at all....You look good.

You just need to smile in the last photo..... I don't see any issue to be concerned about..

I apologize if I'm out of line...and I don't know what the people are talking about..

enjoy your life

Have a nice day.

Thanks. Nice of you to say. I really don't mind how I look bald. Most men I work with also don't mind at all. The problem is that women are very put off by it. I have already been married and divorced and have a young son so dating is the last thing on my mind and will be for quite some time (years and years) but that said it doesn't feel so nice when women cringe in horror at the sight of me or ask me to "please put on a hat". That was actually said to me. Even worse things have been said. One woman at work told me that she would be unable to work with me any longer unless I grew out my hair - which I of course cannot do. Oh well. Life's a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB. View Post
    fwiw...and its just an opinion from a person that doesn't know you at all....You look good.

You just need to smile in the last photo..... I don't see any issue to be concerned about..

I apologize if I'm out of line...and I don't know what the people are talking about..

enjoy your life

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack21 View Post
    I HOPE that I've saved just one young guy from the shit that I've gone through.
    i think you've just got what you wanted.

i registered for this board just to reply to this thread.

first off, i empathize with what you've gone through. i'm sorry that this battle has been such a crippling experience for you. i started slowly losing my hair at the age of 23. my father unexpectedly passed away when i was 19 and life has never been the same since. stress level post his death has increased and has remained a constant. that in turn (i believe) is some what relative to my shedding as well as being predisposed due to genetics.

being someone in there midish-twenties (27) suffering from hair loss (like you said) is not an easy thing to swallow. my current/personal situation isn't horrible, but definitely noticeable. i'm not naive and realize i'll only be losing more of it from here on out. as of late, i've been researching "cures and coverups" as i've equated losing my hair with losing my self-confidence. i think alot of it has to do with losing vitality as well as a visual indicator of my fleeting youth. the more i think about it and read these threads/responses, i'm reassured that these are my own personal thoughts -thats it. anyone else's opinion is just that.

however, i must say that what you and others have discussed in this thread have resonated with me in a way that has literally changed my view on a HT, topical/oral treatments, etc.

i've always thought if people don't like you for you, what more can you do? would you honestly want to surround yourself around someone who places such importance on vanity anyway? beauty is common; everyone has it.

what i've personally come to realize is that flaws are what make us attractive. it shows you're a true human being; vulnerable like every one else. as i'm self-conscious and have my own personal issues like most, i think its liberating to accept this (anything) as what it is. i know i'll never have the hair i had when i was 16.

your story and journey have saved me from getting a HT. next summer i'm taking the plunge and shaving it (or buzzing with a 1 guide). i think it will be a liberating experience. despite what you've gone through, there is so much good in your life. you're a father, you're young and a handsome guy. being a former soldier, i can only imagine what you were capable of then as well as what you're capable of now. embrace who you are. confidence goes a long way, and lately, i've come to realize that more than ever. for the people who judge you or joke at your expense are only doing it to cover up there own insecurities. pay them no mind (as best as you can). thank you for your story and thank you to all of the others who've shared there stories/knowledge too. its really helped in my own personal hair struggles. i honestly feel a little bit freer... best of luck to you all.

MADE.