+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Gubter ,
    I feel the same exact way man!!! My life would be graet if i didn't have this hair issue!!! I don't want to live like a recluse. I'm assuming you're 23.? The only thing i want to say is about your last statement about you not caring as much if you were 30. I am almost 32 and I sAY i wouldn't care as much if i were 40...I think i'll always be bothered unless im 60

Default careful!!!!

I had mine done by a surgeon who advertises/ posts on this very site. I will not give you his name, but he is considered one of the best in the business. Don't think that b/c the doctor is good your life will not possibly be ruined - like mine.

QUOTE=Gubter_87;15870]Thanks for all the replys. Like usual there are definetaley mixed opinions. I really respect the opinions from u guys who have had ur lived wrecked by a ht, but do u think with a better surgeon and planning it might have been successfull? One thing i dont understand is that i have seen good hts on some ppl who have been nw5-6. If I realise thats what im heading for and plan from that, then why would it be a mistake? I realise wasting all my donor on a thick nw1 ht is stupid, but what about a nw2ish? I am not comfortable with a shaved head and feel like im being robbed of my youth. Its on my mind all the time and really holds me back in life. I often have the feeling that I would be perfectly happy with my life if only I didnt have this hair problem. Im sure u guys know the feeling. Its beem on my mind more or less everyday since I was 18. I feel I shouldnt have to deal with this now in life. Its not right. I wouldnt care as much if it happened when i was 30 but not now! Sorry for the rant, just had to vent a bit :-P [/QUOTE]

Jack21; Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will find a way to deal with it, or be able to have some rescue job or something.

dgman21; Yeah I'm 23. I guess hair loss is always a bitch, but naturally the younger you are the more unnatural it is. I've had to deal with this since I was 18. About the same time I was getting comfortable with myself and the way I look it struck me, and I feel like I'm loosing out. I can't sit down with a girl and feel perfectly confident, or sit down with mates without feeling like the odd one out and I am ALWAYS - in every situation - self concious about my hair loss.

Also I notice a big difference in how people react to me with and without hair. Back when I had enough hair to cover it up I always used to get picked up in bars by good looking girls. Now - I can hardly remember the last time it happend. And it's like a two edged sword because while hair loss isn't doing anything for my looks, at the same time it's ruining my self confidence and the way I see myself. Which makes it even more difficult to function socially.

Oh well... I'd still like to hear peoples opinions about a HT - if one plans for loosing more hair is it still a bad idea? Should I forget about it? wait? Get a Hair unit? Or just say **** it - and keep struggling through life hoping that I'll one day be able to get over it?

Gubter, please listen to the above commenters. DON"T DO IT. Yes, that is my username.

I also had a hair transplant from a well-known surgeon. Now I have a permanent strip scar across the back of my head. In front, I have a hairline that does not look natural.

Please realize that however bad you may feel about your thinning hair, you can feel ten times worse with a hair transplant. Even reputable surgeons can give you a bad result. You can be made to be insecure about your head for the rest of your life. Don't Do It.

Good luck with your decision.

Default please read my tale

Gubter,

Please, please read my story!

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3451

there are more pictures of the bald head on page 3 or 4

Please I am begging you. I wish to heaven someone had warned me. Please, please read my story.

Quote Originally Posted by Gubter_87 View Post
    Jack21; Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will find a way to deal with it, or be able to have some rescue job or something.

dgman21; Yeah I'm 23. I guess hair loss is always a bitch, but naturally the younger you are the more unnatural it is. I've had to deal with this since I was 18. About the same time I was getting comfortable with myself and the way I look it struck me, and I feel like I'm loosing out. I can't sit down with a girl and feel perfectly confident, or sit down with mates without feeling like the odd one out and I am ALWAYS - in every situation - self concious about my hair loss.

Also I notice a big difference in how people react to me with and without hair. Back when I had enough hair to cover it up I always used to get picked up in bars by good looking girls. Now - I can hardly remember the last time it happend. And it's like a two edged sword because while hair loss isn't doing anything for my looks, at the same time it's ruining my self confidence and the way I see myself. Which makes it even more difficult to function socially.

Oh well... I'd still like to hear peoples opinions about a HT - if one plans for loosing more hair is it still a bad idea? Should I forget about it? wait? Get a Hair unit? Or just say **** it - and keep struggling through life hoping that I'll one day be able to get over it?

Jack21; Read it and I really do feel for you. Although I think we´sometimes judge ourselves a bit too hard, for one I think the rug looks perfectly good.
    And if you really do want to get rid of it and crop your hair short I think you should getting a scalp pigmentation, at least over the scar. Check out www.*************.com - the work they do on some peoples scars are amazing - they virtually make them dissapear.

If you don't like it - worst case you can have it removed (they have a cream that removes it, although some bruising seems to be invovled) and you'll be back in your rug in no time. But if it's realy bothering you that much then give it some real consideration.

I have no clue why that sit comes up censored but the adress is www. his hair clinic . com

And actually, judging by your pictures - you look like an ideal candidate. Not only could it make the scar undetectable, but you could also fill in the entire top of your scalp for a fuller look, and as long as you do it wher you still have hair you could probably be ok with a buzz cut.

Default wow!

Wow! Thanks, man! People mentioned this to me before, but I had never actually seen the gallery. I hope that they have a clinic in the US. Otherwise I may need to plan a trip to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Gubter_87 View Post
    I have no clue why that sit comes up censored but the adress is www. his hair clinic . com

And actually, judging by your pictures - you look like an ideal candidate. Not only could it make the scar undetectable, but you could also fill in the entire top of your scalp for a fuller look, and as long as you do it wher you still have hair you could probably be ok with a buzz cut.

I personally know two people who have had hair transplants and both are really happy. One guy had it done by Dr. Bernstein here in New York and the other went to Dr. Law. Neither of them want to shave their head and they both tell me that their life was improved. I myself have not pulled the trigger, but I will when I think the time is right. I know it comes down to expectations and knowing everything you need to know before doing it. Anytime you have surgery you are going to be left with a scar, if that's not for you and you intend of shaving your head some day then don’t have a hair transplant.

Go ahead then. Who am I to stop you?

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    I personally know two people who have had hair transplants and both are really happy. One guy had it done by Dr. Bernstein here in New York and the other went to Dr. Law. Neither of them want to shave their head and they both tell me that their life was improved. I myself have not pulled the trigger, but I will when I think the time is right. I know it comes down to expectations and knowing everything you need to know before doing it. Anytime you have surgery you are going to be left with a scar, if that's not for you and you intend of shaving your head some day then don’t have a hair transplant.