+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Here I go!

Default Here I go!

Howdy Fellows!

I'm 24 and have been thinning out at the crown and temple areas for about a year and a half, I still have hair everywhere, but it is just thin now. I have really low self esteem and losing my hair is just making things even worse.

I am sick of my hair looking stupid so I am going to try whatever I can to improve my hair here's my plan:

-1mg of Finasteride per day
    - 5% Minoxidil at night
    -retin-a and azealic acid cream mixed together with crushed up spiro mixed in too applied after minox dries
    -5000mcg biotin per day
    -2% keto shampoo Monday and Friday

I hope this helps since I have a really bumpy head and I don't really want to wear a wig until a real solution comes along.

If I have positive results I will repost in one year, otherwise I'll be that bald guy at the bar who cries into his beer and remembers when he had hair.

Welcome to the forum vamaqua. It’s good to see that you’re being proactive in fighting your hair loss, but you should consider trying one treatment at a time to start. The best bet is to get on Propecia and see how you respond to it. Spencer Kobren always suggests that you take it slow so you can see if a particular treatment is actually working or not.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

The potential problem with starting multiple treatments at one time is you will not be sure of what works and what does not. You may want to consider starting with Propecia and re-evaluate at 6 months. At that time you can decide to add another treatment to your regimen. Also, take some real good before photos.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile