+ Reply to Thread

Default Post FUE concerns - donor region almost 3 months post-op

Donor region is looking awefully jacked up, if you ask me. Harvested way too much and with a very rigid boundary on the very top.

At this rate, I would have rather been bald than to have this on the side of my head.

What are your thoughts

Hi,

How many hair transplants have you had and how many grafts have you had removed in total.

This will help determine whether you have been over harvested in any single procedure.

Hi,

The previous donor-regions were elsewhere on my scalp - in the back and lower left & right portions of it.

The last procedure, which was approx. 1300 grafts in total, took about 650 from the left and right.

It is important to note, however, that it does not appear the area in question has been previously used as a donor.

In total, this would make three. The first was about 1000. Then 300. Then about 1300.

Hi Robersml,

Your previous 2 surgeries total 1300 grafts only, in terms of size 1300 grafts is a minor surgery and should be barely noticeable on the average scalp donor.

The fact that your latest surgeon decided not take from the previously harvested areas may indicate that you have a below average donor area and that taking from a virgin area such as your sides was the best option to reduce the visable affect of over harvesting.

There is also the possibility you may have suffered some shock loss due to the trauma caused by surgery. In some cases in can take 6 months+ for the native hairs to recover.

Your option is to wait another few months and then reassess your situation. In the meantime you could now let your hair grow a little longer. If all goes well your newly implanted grafts should start to sprout too in the coming weeks.

Try not to worry about a problem that might not exist, be positive.

I hope that makes sense to you.

Shera
    Patient Advisor for Dr Tejinder Bhatti
    Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India
    Tel +44 7708 018667 (call / text / whatsapp)
    Tel 0800 634 8588 (UK Toll free number)
    Email UK@darlingbuds.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shera View Post
    Hi Robersml,

Your previous 2 surgeries total 1300 grafts only, in terms of size 1300 grafts is a minor surgery and should be barely noticeable on the average scalp donor.

The fact that your latest surgeon decided not take from the previously harvested areas may indicate that you have a below average donor area and that taking from a virgin area such as your sides was the best option to reduce the visable affect of over harvesting.

There is also the possibility you may have suffered some shock loss due to the trauma caused by surgery. In some cases in can take 6 months+ for the native hairs to recover.

Your option is to wait another few months and then reassess your situation. In the meantime you could now let your hair grow a little longer. If all goes well your newly implanted grafts should start to sprout too in the coming weeks.

Try not to worry about a problem that might not exist, be positive.

I hope that makes sense to you.

Shera
    Patient Advisor for Dr Tejinder Bhatti
    Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India
    Tel +44 7708 018667 (call / text / whatsapp)
    Tel 0800 634 8588 (UK Toll free number)
    Email UK@darlingbuds.com
    I am not disputing that taking from a virgin-area was the best course of action, but doing so in such a way as to leave a clear boundary between the donor and non-donor area, as you can see on the very top, is at issue.

I am not able to fathom how it is appropriate to draw a near-rectangle on someone's head and take exclusively from that area, without drawing, at lesser and lesser rates, from areas immediately around the main donor region, so as to create a "fade" effect, or, to avoid such a hideous boundary lines, as can be seen very clearly on the right side of my head.