+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by chasguy View Post
    Mine was a 2 day event and cost $6k. Healing went great. I had next to no scabbing and at 2 weeks the majority of the transplants have continued to grow. I'm told they will still go dormant and fall out, but that was a positive sign that they survived the transplant. I've before and after pics that I'll post when the results are in

Hey thanks for the reply. When you say that the hair will eventually go dormant and fall out but its a positive, does that mean that the hair transplants will eventually grow new hair once the initial dormant ones fall out? When you do a hair consultation with a surgeon, does it cost money? I live in Toronto ontario canada does anyone have any experience with good hair doctors in Toronto area?

Quote Originally Posted by Aznstan View Post
    Hey thanks for the reply. When you say that the hair will eventually go dormant and fall out but its a positive, does that mean that the hair transplants will eventually grow new hair once the initial dormant ones fall out? When you do a hair consultation with a surgeon, does it cost money? I live in Toronto ontario canada does anyone have any experience with good hair doctors in Toronto area?
    When you transplant a follicle, it is temporarily without blood supply. As such, it gets a bit of a shock, and typically ejects its hair in response. If the hair continues growing, it shows the follicle was not shocked too badly and will almost certainly survive. Even without the follicle continuing to grow, there is still an excellent chance that it is just fine. However, I'm told that transplanted follicles will almost always eject the hair either way and then go dormant while everything heals up