+ Reply to Thread

Default Post-FUE Concerns

Hi All

It’s now 3 weeks since my FUE procedure and I feel that I - foolishly - should’ve done much more research before I started my HT journey.

I feel it’d be wrong of me to name the UK-based clinic I attended at this stage but through some searching on here and other forums, the general opinion of UK-clinics is low. Again - perhaps stupidly - I feel I’ve paid a premium in the thinking that the result would be better here when the consensus seems to be that somewhere like Belgium would’ve been a better choice - or at least a more reputable UK-based clinic.

I appreciate it’s very early in the process and I’m not trying to jump to conclusions - of course if it has been badly performed then there’s nothing I can do about it now - but wondered if I could get a couple of answers.

1. I was taking 10% minoxidil (from the Belgravia Centre) before my HT. The dates to start using again afterwards seem to vary, but I can’t seem to find information on where to apply it - should I apply it on the grafted area or on the existing hair that ‘frames’ the grafted hair - or both? The 10% from TBC is thick and not like Regaine Foam and so particularly hard to apply in delicate places.

2. I feel the splayed/ odd-angled growth of my grafted hair is inconsistent with a lot of photos I’ve seen of successful HT’s and worry this is due to poor alignment? I also worry about poor density!

Any advice would be much appreciated - I’ve tried not to worry until now knowing that everyone is different, that results take time, and that I seem to be healing fast in the donor area - but my anxiety is increasing.

https://imgur.com/a/8wkp7Qd

Click image for larger version

Name:	C33CED6F-0935-47D3-9940-647201E36F21.jpg

Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	66192Click image for larger version

Name:	FC0D0168-2487-4BFD-AEBA-B9B5B141494C.jpg

Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	66194Click image for larger version

Name:	2378C2DD-8E94-4CEB-ACE1-A0ABD5C31D3A.jpg

Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	66196Click image for larger version

Name:	2936A33F-077E-459B-A079-833437A16666.jpg

Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	66198

Hi,

You should wait for about 14 days post op until all your scabs/crusts have fallen out and then start applying Minoxidil once or twice a day to the implanted area and other areas of your scalp that are at risk of thinning. There is no need to apply it to the donor area (although some patients where the donor is thinning too such as diffuse thinners can gain by applying in the donor).

You can actually buy Minoxidil 5% solution from reputed eBay sellers for a lot cheaper than you are probably paying right now. Generally the consensus out there implies that 5% is fine and anything more is merely a sales gimmick.

Your graft placement looks OK, you'll need to let it grow out properly to judge it now, please be both patient and positive.

All the best, happy growing.

Shera
    UK Patient Advisor for Dr Tejinder Bhatti
    Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India
    Tel +44 7708 018667 (call / text / whatsapp)
    Tel 0800 634 8588 (UK Toll free number)
    Email [email]UK@darlingbuds.com[email]

Thanks Shera for the advise

You are welcome.

Shera
    UK Patient Advisor for Dr Tejinder Bhatti
    Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India
    Tel +44 7708 018667 (call / text / whatsapp)
    Tel 0800 634 8588 (UK Toll free number)
    Email UK@darlingbuds.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fuefeb20 View Post
    Hi All

It’s now 3 weeks since my FUE procedure and I feel that I - foolishly - should’ve done much more research before I started my HT journey.

I feel it’d be wrong of me to name the UK-based clinic I attended at this stage but through some searching on here and other forums, the general opinion of UK-clinics is low. Again - perhaps stupidly - I feel I’ve paid a premium in the thinking that the result would be better here when the consensus seems to be that somewhere like Belgium would’ve been a better choice - or at least a more reputable UK-based clinic.

I appreciate it’s very early in the process and I’m not trying to jump to conclusions - of course if it has been badly performed then there’s nothing I can do about it now - but wondered if I could get a couple of answers.

1. I was taking 10% minoxidil (from the Belgravia Centre) before my HT. The dates to start using again afterwards seem to vary, but I can’t seem to find information on where to apply it - should I apply it on the grafted area or on the existing hair that ‘frames’ the grafted hair - or both? The 10% from TBC is thick and not like Regaine Foam and so particularly hard to apply in delicate places.

2. I feel the splayed/ odd-angled growth of my grafted hair is inconsistent with a lot of photos I’ve seen of successful HT’s and worry this is due to poor alignment? I also worry about poor density!

Any advice would be much appreciated - I’ve tried not to worry until now knowing that everyone is different, that results take time, and that I seem to be healing fast in the donor area - but my anxiety is increasing.

https://imgur.com/a/8wkp7Qd

Attachment 66192Attachment 66194Attachment 66196Attachment 66198
    Just don't do anything stupid like get another HT. You're always going to be playing catch up. Please view my thread and see where it could lead you.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...car?highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by JustShaveIt View Post
    Just don't do anything stupid like get another HT. You're always going to be playing catch up. Please view my thread and see where it could lead you.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...car?highlight=
    Just read your entire post. Being 24, and lurking on this and other forums for about 3 years, this thread summaries the panic and 'instant-fix' transplant that may people in mine and Rizaan's (guy in your post) position are considering. My hair has inevitably worsened since I first started looking into surgery ~3 years ago and pretty drastically since i last upload pics on here in case anyone happens to look and say 'it's just maturing' and I'm pretty sure If I did go ahead with a transplant ~2 years ago, i'd already be thinking about the next one. I'll continue with fin, minox and maybe move into trying concealers for as long as I can and keep my fingers crossed, until I'm either too far gone or old enough to be a good candidate for a transplant.

I'm sorry for how things turned out for you, but know that you've helped deter or at least educate me (and i'm sure many others). Thank you.