+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Posted photos,Need feedback

My hair in the front looks really bad and on the top is diffuse thinning. I am gonna have a virtual consult with Dr Bauman tomorrow to see if I am a good candidate for HT surgery. What do ya'll think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Front 2.jpg

Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	6415   Click image for larger version

Name:	Top of Head 2.jpg

Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	6416   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0130.jpg

Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	6661  

Any doctors or consultants opinions please?

i don't think it looks that bad...although you're probably your harshest critic. if you haven't already, get on meds. talking with bauman is a good idea. good luck

To be honest it's probably best to leave alone. Your hairline seems to be intact, and the density doesn't seem bad at all. (from what I can tell from the photos - which aren't brilliant.) In fact it could be a transplant 'after' photo. It could be risky to try and add to the density.

It's good that you are seeking the opinion of a doctor. Although I'm sure you'd get a better opinion with better photos.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks for those opinions.

Matt,
    These are pictures right after a shower. The first one is a picture trying to cover all the thinning areas. What I am really looking for in a surgery is to thicken the front and top so when wind hits it or if i go swimming you can't see the scalp as much and I dont have to worry about recombing my hair.

Just curious why would it be risky? Can i lose more of my real hair if a surgery is done trying to put the follicles in between?

The middle photo is the only really useful one, IMO. The third one is too blurry and the first one makes it look like you have masses of hair, but might not tell the whole story either.

I'm guessing you're 21. You should give Finasteride a try as that can often thicken up diffused hair thinning.

Just saw your other post.. yes, that's the trouble. It's possible you would end up no better, or possibly worse, then when you started, due to losing hair to shockloss by having hairs implanted among weakened native hairs, and as you're young and will continue to lose hair (especially without medication) before long you may only have the transplanted hair left. That would definitely be a worse position than you're currently in as there simply isn't enough room to pack too many hairs between existing ones. Transplant minus existing native hair would result in you having less hair than at present.

Transplanting into diffuse balding areas is not a definite no-no - transplant doctors do it all the time and the good ones are usually successful in doing it, but considering your age and that it doesn't sound like you're on medication, it could lead to disappointment.

Clear photos in better light would be an advantage here. Bad photos if anything tend to make hair look thicker than it is.

Well I am 31,its still too young for this issue, and have been on propecia for 3 years. I also started using the hairmax lasercomb 3 weeks ago.

Oh, well being a bit older is better, and it's good that you're on propecia (I think the lasercombs are widely considered to be useless). Has the propecia had a positive effect? How long have you been losing hair? If your hairloss has stabilized and you aren't experiencing aggressive hairloss at a very young age, that makes you a better candidate.

The problem with propecia is that it helped possibly the first year and thats it. This year my hairloss is shedding more aggressively. I've been under a lot of stress. Also I'm wondering if a medication ,Subutex(generac buprenorphine) can be causing this but I've been on it for yrs.
    So I paid hundred of dollars for this lasercomb for nothing? Am I wasting my time with it?Bosley and another plastic surgon(not specializing in hair) said it may work. Has anyone out there had positive results with the lasercomb?