+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

dgman21, it is almost as if you are playing a practical joke on us. You have TONS of hair. Do you really think you need a hair transplant? Please save yourself a lot of aggravation. Don't do it.

I appreciate it but the thing I can't stand seeing the front and top and areas of my scalp when wind hits it in the front or i go swimming. The first picture i posted, i had to comb over and around all the thinning areas so noone can tell. I just can't enjoy the things i used to. Taking a bikeride,going to amusement parks,even working out(I feel like I'm gonna mess my hair up and go crazy). I just want thicker hair so I can enjoy these things and other events in life!

dgman, your hair loss pattern has some similarities to my own. I have diffuse thinning, and if I grow my hair longer and comb it the right way, I can make it look like I have good coverage. But then the wind picks up, and suddenly my scalp has visibly aged 5 years!
    I know how frustrated you must be. Some people tell me I have a lot of hair also, but the truth is, I remember what my "real hair" was like... and probably 30-40% of it is now gone up top, if not more.

Let me ask you, how is your crown doing? If it's holding up well, you might be able to bolster it with meds and use your donor hairs purely to fill in the front and top of your scalp. But don't take anything I say as medical advice, because I'm no pro, and you should be talking to doctors first and foremost (which, glad to see, you are already doing).

My crown is halfway decent. I want to do exactly that and use the donor hair to fill in the top and front. I'll let you know what Dr Bauman said after a virtual consult.

If you want accurate opinions on your hair loss you should post pics that actually show your hair loss and not pics of your hair styled to hide it. Do not use a flash because that makes things look worse. Just find a spot with good all around lighting and then take the pics. Before you post them you should review them and ask yourself if they show what you are actually trying to share with us.

Jotronic,
    Ok. I may try that. The only reason i posted one of the pictures styled like that is to vent about how so many people think i don't have issues but they don't see the thinning areas and i always try to explain that I'm styling it in a way where its covered.

Your hair looks very good. Have you had a HT? What do you recommend to people about them or other advice?

Yes, I've had a hair transplant. In fact, I have a colorful history with the procedure.

My history is documented here... www.hairtransplantmentor.com

I was basically the first person (along with "Futzyhead) to really document what happens to you in between the "before" shot and the "after" shot. The first version of my site went up eight and a half years ago and the site you see above is the latest iteration of my experience. I now work for Hasson & Wong and have so since 2003, after my second procedure with Dr. Wong.

Regarding the laser comb, I haven't looked into it with any detail, but the prevailing thought seems to be that it's just another useless gimmick.

If you're losing hair rapidly that's even more reason not to go ahead with a transplant.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

How can I slow the hairloss down besides propecia? I heard people say combine it with monoxidil but most doctors say that it won't help really and I am afraid of running too much topics in my hair causing more shedding. What about washing with shampoo everyday? Should i only do it every other day? I haven't used conditioner in awhile.

I haven't seen any good reason to believe that hair washing is an issue. You could try Dutasteride, which is the next step up from Finasteride. Some guys transition when the Fin loses it's effectiveness and have success with it.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com