+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opinions

Default Opinions

I've been loosing quite a bit of hair for the past few months. atleast 10 in the pillow when I wake up, 20's -30's in the shower, and allot just randomly in the day. I use to have very good hair density when I was younger, but there seems to be less hair at my temples and the top of my head. My hairline hasn't receded at all though.

My dad who is now 58 has all of his hair and is at a Norwood II, but I think I might be having some genitics from my moms side where some of the males are at a Norwood VII.

I don't have money/insurance for a complete head scan so I would really appreciate your opinions or advice please

I'm going to post pics from about a month ago to today.

The one with me in the blue shirt is from a year ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1562.jpg

Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	6390   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1566.jpg

Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	6391   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT2953.jpg

Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	6392   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT2960.jpg

Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	6393   Click image for larger version

Name:	l_448eac7261e94bb9abd950e4a3deac13.jpg

Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	6394  

I honestly don't notice any loss from these photos, particularly between the current ones and the one from a year ago. It's important to understand that it's very normal to lose up to 100 hairs a day (and many sources say even more than that is common). Yes, you can see a little bit of your scalp with the exposure used in these photos but that is likely just because there is such a contrast between your scalp and hair color. To me, it really doesn't seem like you have a hair loss problem at this time but, as long as you don't make yourself crazy, there is no harm in continuing to monitor any potential loss carefully. If you do experience hair loss, it's a good idea to begin medical therapy as soon as possible so that you can retain your existing hair for as long as possible.

"as long as you don't make yourself crazy"
    I believe me making myself crazy is probably more of a problem than my hair problem as of now
    My hair on top is def thinner than it was a few years ago, but maybe it is aging/genetics. I suppose it is the fear of looking at my cousins and uncles of my mothers side, only to see baldness in almost every male...
    Thank you for your input

How old are you?

I am 23 years old

Has anyone ever pointed out you're losing hair? (without you mentioning anything about it)

In the pic with your hair wet, you can still see your midscalp and crown are quite pale. If not much sun is getting through, then you're probably pretty good. If you're that worried about it and its bothering you, take finasteride and it should halt any loss you may (or maynot) have. Personally I don't see any loss. Keep in mind, practically all men lose some density post-puberty.

Actually the first time I started to notice my hair was thinning was from my ex girlfriend who told me my hair was really thin on the sides when I got my hair cut. I ignored it at first because every one has always complimented my thick hair. I got my hair cut again 3 months later and thats when I took the pics where my hair is short.

I'm not sure whether I'm balding or not. My hair line hasn't receded, but my hair just doesn't feel the same now that its growing in. I took some hair out of a hat that I wore when my hair was long and compared it to one of my hairs from the top of my head that fell out and they were the same thickness...
    So I think I might be loosing hair density. I'll be getting insurance next year, so I'm going to make an appointment to get a full blood test, hair exam and hopefully resolve whats going on, praying its not MPB

If you've noticed a change then it would probably be best to trust your instincts and begin treatment with propecia. I don't see much loss if any, but it's best to start treatment as early as possible.

The only photo that shows any indication of hairloss to me is the one in which your hair is wet and combed forward. But even then, the scalp contrast and the fact that the hair is combed creating 'channels' that would reveal scalp on anybody's head probably makes it look worse than it is. The crown area looks fine. Your hair is very straight and this allows light to penetrate down to the scalp, which as mentioned is quite fair in colour giving contrast.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Your probably right. I do feel a quite a noticeable change in my hair. When ever I do feel better about it, I see more hair fall out... Even today in class, I lost about 11 hairs in the span of 1 and a half hours.

I researched plenty propecia, finasteride, and advodart. While I'm not concerned about side affects because I never get any side affects from any meds, I'm still a little concerned about ordering meds online with out a prescription, what places are safe to order them from and also the cheapest because I dont' have any insurance. I know the generic version of propecia would be cheaper, but I would have to cut the pills into 1/4's.

Quote Originally Posted by NvIs View Post
    Your probably right. I do feel a quite a noticeable change in my hair. When ever I do feel better about it, I see more hair fall out... Even today in class, I lost about 11 hairs in the span of 1 and a half hours.

I researched plenty propecia, finasteride, and advodart. While I'm not concerned about side affects because I never get any side affects from any meds, I'm still a little concerned about ordering meds online with out a prescription, what places are safe to order them from and also the cheapest because I dont' have any insurance. I know the generic version of propecia would be cheaper, but I would have to cut the pills into 1/4's.
    Go to a dr face to face. The online consults and pharms are gig to cost way more. My online stuff was like 60 a month. The local dr has a compounding pharm where it is about $20 per month