+ Reply to Thread

Default Looking for the best HT option in Turkey/Europe

Hey, I am a new poster here hailing from Toronto, Canada, 34 y/o. I am looking for a hair transplant with the best priceerformance ratio, but keep in mind i have no job and very low on money now as i have used up a lot of my savings travelling. I have already booked my flight into Turkey on March 10, so I'm available during those dates starting the 11th, but I'm good at finding cheap flights all around Europe so if there's a place that can do better for the most inexpensive rate then I'm down, I have time off but again it's super last minute since it's like in a couple weeks. It's hereditary, both my brother and father are bald and my bro shaves his head too, but I want my head to not look bald and be able to grow it out again. I am currently on Finasteride as directed, for almost a year roughly. I used to use Minoxidil Extra strength for the longest time but all that did was peach fuzz. And I mean, I want to avoid the Turkish hairmills but at the same time I might need to go to one cuz i'm a bit poor atm, especially if I need a 2nd one next year.

I have found some turkish places, e-mailed them and got back quotes from them. Ideally, I'd like to spend under 2000 euro but willing to go as high as 3200, or under $4.5k Canadian. Most of them say I'd need a 2nd surgery later on, and I'm fine with that. I think all of them include PRP, it's something I feel I also gotta do anyways, right? I'm surprised they mostly want cash only. Here's a list:

- Arenamed: "According to your hair profile, approximately 4500-4700 grafts can be transplanted and with these graft quantitiy frontal part of your hair will get natural and dense appearance until middle part. From middle to back top will be covered as much as your donor area allows. It is not possible to cover all the areas in 1 session. You may consider another session only for the crown area after 1 year." +PRP - Transport/Accom+All Inclusive Price - $1400 USD

- Dr Zekeriya Kul: "3000 Grafts from your donor and that’s maximum, any more is damage. Donor area allows only that much." ... He sent me a pic of the coverage area which is kinda sad... only covers the center island, which still leaves the back bald and the front two left/right sides bald which means i've gotta comb over. .. "Additionally vertex also crown area is different than the other area’s because It is fed by a vein and we must implant on vertex more then we need to receive a good result[...]" Also maybe no PRP? - 1 euro per graft, so 3000 Euro

- Transmed: Originally quoted 2000-2500 grafts in whatsapp, then wrote 2800-3000 grafts in an e-mail. +Laser, PRP, Ice grafts. "25 yrs of experience" - I bargained down to 3200 Euro

- Dr. Tugrul Maral: Provided a range 4000-6000 grafts as a wide range, unlimited graft transplants until desired results. +PRP. - 1700 Euro

- Dr Ilhan Serdaroglu: Range of 3500-3800 grafts. Says he's fast, can do up to "4300 grafts in 2-2.5 hours" .. gave me a very long, complicated tl;dr of the procedure that might be taken from a template stock e-mail he uses, idk. Mentions a 2nd transplant session in 6 months but doesn't say if I have to pay extra for it? .. "4500 operations, 17 yrs of experience." 3500 Euro + 150 extra for PRP. (Outside my budget, i'd need to try bargain if anything.)

- Esteworld: "You won't have too much grafts. We will fill the top area." pretty vague whatsapp msg, didn't get email yet. - $2250 USD

- Estevien, Dr. Esin Egilmez: Estimate range of 3500-4000 grafts. "70-80% coverage and lower hairline, could even maybe do up to 6000 grafts" "4 days" +PRP - $1500 USD

It's kind of looking like Dr. Tugrul Maral may be a better, cheaper option? Dr. Esin Egilmez looks kinda good too... Ideally I wanna spend around $2k and that's it... i'm not rich, but I don't wanna fk up my head, i'm a fashionable guy and maybe want long hair, i don't even remember what that's like anymore pls help me out fam!

Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontSun2.jpg

Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	66090Click image for larger version

Name:	RightSun.jpg

Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	66091Click image for larger version

Name:	back-shaved.jpg

Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	66092Click image for larger version

Name:	BackSun.jpg

Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	66093Click image for larger version

Name:	TopSun.jpg

Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	66094

Doctor Representative Raphael84hair's Avatar

You appear to be a NW5/6 with your lateral humps dropping reasonably low. You have a excessive area to cover. You are a delicate case in regards to achieving a significant restoration.
    To consider surgery for less than €2,000 is crazy.
    You would be proceeding with a significant amount of risk.
    I wish you the best, but would suggest you reconsider.
    You are a "fashionable guy" that takes care of himself. This could be the biggest regret you have.

Patient advisor BHR - Dr Bisanga
    ian@drchristianbisanga.com
    Whatsapp +34 642 37 03 83

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael84hair View Post
    You appear to be a NW5/6 with your lateral humps dropping reasonably low. You have a excessive area to cover. You are a delicate case in regards to achieving a significant restoration.
    To consider surgery for less than €2,000 is crazy.
    You would be proceeding with a significant amount of risk.
    I wish you the best, but would suggest you reconsider.
    You are a "fashionable guy" that takes care of himself. This could be the biggest regret you have.

Patient advisor BHR - Dr Bisanga
    ian@drchristianbisanga.com
    Whatsapp +34 642 37 03 83
    Okay, I feel like you're right... I am willing to do between 2000 Euro and 2800 Euro. I've actually just bargained one down with an experienced PhD doctor to 2800 Euro, but I won't say who it is to protect the name. I feel I might go with them... what hairline would look best? I honestly have no style in mind, and lost my hair at such an early age that I don't even remember anymore what I used to have, nor have pictures of me with hair to really show the doctors...

With all due respect, and please don't take offense, you're the kind of patient these clinics see coming from a mile away. You have absolutely no game plan except to get as much hair as possible for the least amount of money. You're a tragedy in the making.

You stated "I want to avoid the Turkish hairmills but at the same time I might need to go to one cuz i'm a bit poor atm, especially if I need a 2nd one next year."

I'll just ask you one question. Why did you say you wanted to avoid Turkish hair mills?
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Well I was convinced by this Esteworld representative who visited me in my city. Did the transplant with extra acell+prp injections. $3600 us, 3500 grafts transplanted everywhere, except for the crown which they told me to come back in a year to do for another session together with another Acell+PRP. Took pics now of how it looks today 11th day after finally washing most of the scabs off, both in front and behind lighting.

I'd be willing to experiment with Minoxidil again now that I found out that derma rollers help it, but is there a better option? I don't really like how it colours my pillows, and it would be embarrising when women would run their fingers thru my hair and feel that stuff in it. I do want to try a laser cap for a bit, shopping around. On fin 1mg a day.

I feel like they missed a little tiny block in the very middle front of the hairline, could use there a FU or two oh well, I think I'm mostly happy with the result

What's everyone's thoughts? What could i do next to help regrowth? I'm kinda scared to post pics of the donor area guys, I just want some thoughts on the transplanted area first of all.

Name:	IMG_4040.jpg

Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	66478Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4041.jpg

Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	66479

I actually spent almost double compared to the cheapest one, to try and avoid a hairmill place. I feel I went to a really good place because it's an actual hospital, not a clinic. The whole experience there was super professional.

Joe Tillman, I have a lot of respect for you. I was the one who called in earlier. I also watched a few more of your podcasts and have been trying to watch more... doing my research.

I just got this laser helmet and started using it... Does anyone else have experience with this same one?

Name:	IMG_4104.jpg

Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	66509

Hi,
    How does your donor look?
    I am sorry to inform but seems like a good doctor would not make HT in your case. Your hairless area is too wide and donor is poor.
    I will appreciate if you could share more pictures of your hair after scabs are out.

hey mate, any updates on your progress?
    hope you are happy with the result.