Where to start?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Weedwacker
    • Sep 2010

I think the irrational thing about hairloss is peoples' reaction to it. Losing hair at a very young age is a sign of premature aging. This is a bigger deal than people think. It is not a serious medical condition - but it can make one feel very abnormal at a young age. People who have not gone through this would not understand.

Comment

• Locke
      • Apr 2010

I feel the exact same way as you guys. I'm turning 23 later this month. My hair started thinning my 1st year of university (when I was 19) but it still looked fine. It wasn't until my 3rd year that it became really noticeable and I wore a hat all the time. My 4th year was even worse and things haven't changed.

I don't want to go out anymore. The only way I can get by is if I grow my hair long and style it. If I wear a hat and I take it off, my hair looks terrible.

No swimming. I hate windy days. I hate the rain.

It's pretty ****ing depressing. I used to go the gym and I used to run. Now I just think what's the point if I'm going to look bad because of my hair.

My youth has been stolen away.

I have so many dreams of having a successful hair transplant and having it change my life. Hopefully sooner than later this will come true and I can go back to living a happy, full life like any other 23 year old would.

I'm in medical school now and people say "Why do you care if you have no hair? You're going to be a doctor" The people who say this are men with full sets of hair or women. They have no idea what it's like. No other guy in my class has nearly the amount of hair loss that I do.

Comment

Working...