+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where to start?

Yeah man, our situations are very similar. I'm living with my family and my dad is sick of it. When I try to explain to him what's going on, he tells me to get over it, which is easy to say when you're pushing 60 with a better head of hair than your 25-year-old son!
    I don't know how to move forward either. I feel like my life is on hold until science can regrow my hair for me, which I guess is stupid because that technology might be 15-20 years away for all I know. But without that glimmer of hope, the hope of successful stem cell therapy, I think I'd be even more depressed than I am now.

Have u considered a hair transplant? Thats the direction im headed in but theres alot of scary comment on here about it.

I have considered HT, but I still have some serious reservations about it.
    I'll go into more detail when I get back on later; need to go handle a few things before I end up spending my whole day here!
    Out of curiosity though, what are the main things concerning you about a possible future transplant?

Ok.
    My concerns are not getting any results,losing more existing hair because of the trauma of the hair transplant and it not growing back,pain lasting along time,scars,wasting a lot of $$ that I dont have. The biggest concern is NOT GETTING ANY results though when the doctor guarantees it. What bout you?

Default Are you guys on propecia?

Just wanted to know if you guys were on propecia? if so how has your experiences been with it? I cut it down to a half dose because I just felt not like myself, it really made me feel dull , and slow I think it interferes with the thought process or something. How sad is taking a medication to keep your hair from falling out? On top of that I hate medications! What else have you guys tryed?

I have been on propecia for 3 years and it hasnt done NADA! I tried rogaine,Nioxin. I just got a lasercomb 2 weeks ago. But its gonna come down to a hair transplant. I cant move on in my life until i get some sort of temporary solution..

Hey Dgman I feel the exact same way about propecia. So what is it's purpose? slowing the process down or what? did you notice any side affect with propecia? What do you think about the laser comb? I agree with you about the hair transplant , I just feel finding the right doc will be the biggest problem and like you said with the guarantee, and how long will it last for? are some of the biggest concerns!

Its supposed to slow down hairloss but its not worked for 3 yrs..I guess some people say it works but they r probably in denial. The lasercomb supposed to show some results in 12 weeks ,ive only been doing it for 2-3 weeks
    The hair transplant is gonna be sooo expensive,especially if we dont want to get the back of out head cut open with a scalpel and go with the FUE. Im thinking of Dr Wong or Dr Bauman but they are far away and lots of money and still no gaurantee. This sucks!!!

I am with you guys. I have been on 1/4 a proscar for about 3 years and not sure it is doing anything. Now I am afraid if I stop, and it was slowing the progression, I will loose even more. So for now I am staying on the meds. I am 49 and just underwent my first HT with Dr Pistone in Marlton NJ. He guarantees the transplanted hairs will grow, so that is a pretty good guarantee.

Give his office a call if you want more info.

btw, I am almost 6 weeks post surgery and have lost or shed additional hair since the procedure. I knew this was possible but it sucks. I just keep thinking I have to wait 6 to 12 months to see results.

are u losing the native hairs or the transplanted hairs??Keep me updated cause i need to know what to do?