+ Reply to Thread

Default Can DHT cause hair to be curly?

I was looking at pictures of when i was in middle school and i noticed that ive had straight wavey hair for most of my younger life. But sometime when i entered into high school my hair started to be curly and considerably less wavey. And just like others on this website im balding (only 21)! So, i was wondering if DHT had this effect on my hair?

For a lot of us, the first thing we notice is a textural change in our hair. Some people notice that their once straight hair seems to have less weight to it and even a bit of a curl.
    Are you noticing a receding hairline or thinning on your crown?

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    For a lot of us, the first thing we notice is a textural change in our hair. Some people notice that their once straight hair seems to have less weight to it and even a bit of a curl.
    Are you noticing a receding hairline or thinning on your crown?
    I no longer have hair on my temples I think that was when i first noticed that i mite have a problem( it prolly happened sometime during my senior year of high school). now, I have clear thinning in the crown area. I haven't done anything to treat it, I was possibly considering PRP but just like for most products I'm skeptical that it would work and that it will be a waste of time and money. but I really wish that my hair stayed straight cuz I believe that having straight hair can give the impression of having a full head of hair.