+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Telogen Effluvium

I thought I’d tell you all some good news. I went to the dermatologist yesterday and asked about my hair. He took some of my hair and examined it under a microscope. He said I had male pattern baldness, but the main reason I was losing my hair was from telogen effluvium. He said that I was so stressed out that it’s causing my hair to fall out. He said my body is in such shock that’s it’s causing me to lose hair at a fast rate. He said some of my hair might grow back. He also told me if they run any experiments on hair loss that he’d let me know about them.

Hey that is good news. Hopefully you'll get some regrowth after the stress subsides.

What was your dermatologist saying about letting you know about experiments? Is he gonna hook you up with some experimental treatments? Hey can you get him to hook me up too.

Quote Originally Posted by davesolazzo View Post
    Hey that is good news. Hopefully you'll get some regrowth after the stress subsides.

What was your dermatologist saying about letting you know about experiments? Is he gonna hook you up with some experimental treatments? Hey can you get him to hook me up too.
    We're in your corner Jarrod! Keep us posted.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

He just told me that if any places run any new experiments on hair loss that he'd let me know about them. He said I was losing my hair at a fast rate for my age. I hope Emory does some experiments with hair loss. I'll try anything to get my hair back. I don't care what test, I'll try it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod View Post
    I thought I’d tell you all some good news. I went to the dermatologist yesterday and asked about my hair. He took some of my hair and examined it under a microscope. He said I had male pattern baldness, but the main reason I was losing my hair was from telogen effluvium. He said that I was so stressed out that it’s causing my hair to fall out. He said my body is in such shock that’s it’s causing me to lose hair at a fast rate. He said some of my hair might grow back. He also told me if they run any experiments on hair loss that he’d let me know about them.
    Hey Jarrod, I think telogen effluvium is also a big part of my hair loss. I have some recession of my hairline, but my hair loss was far too rapid and diffuse to be completely MPB. I've also lost alot of body hair. What was your hair loss like? And how long has your hair been falling out?
    Also, did your dermatologist tell you what a possible course of treatment would be? Thanks.

If you go to this link you can see what my hair loss looks like.

http://www.thebaldtruth.com/index.php?s=jarrod

I've been losing my hair since 2007. I've tried pretty much everything for hair loss. I couldn't stand Rogaine it kept making my head itch. I tried Propecia/Proscar for over a year, no results. I don't take anything for my hair loss now.

Hey Jarrod

I am in the same boat as you (I saw your youtube videos). I got diffuse hair loss all over my head. Plus I was stressing a lot when it first happened (3 months ag0). I started propecia and chilled out a bit. But my hair loss has been rapid over the last couple of months - I also hope that this is the stress causing Telogen Eff.

oh by the way, how stressed are you? i mean ive been thinking about it a lot. but its not really affecting my sleep and i still go out and have fun. I just get a little depressed sometimes, nothing that severe. Wonder if youre on the same level.

For the past several months I have been pretty stressed out. I lost my dad last summer, and then I lost my grandmother a few months ago. Since they both died nothing has gone right. Things just seem like they got worse. My hair countines to get worse every day. Nothing has grown back and now it's even starting to thin on the right side of my head now too. I try to ignore it when I go out with friends, but I will admit sometimes it bothers me. It's getting to the point now to where it's hard to hide the bald spots. If things get worse in the future I guess I’ll go for a buzz cut. Hopefully I won’t look too bad bald.

Sorry to hear about your loss. You will make it out of this stronger no doubt.