+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks akha. It's been a tough year, but I'm hoping things will get better. I doubt I'll ever get my hair back, but at least I still have what's left of my family still around.

Hey Jarrod,

Did the doctor who diagnosed your hair loss as being owed (at least somewhat) to high stress suggest that you see a therapist and/or take an anti-anxiety medication? I mean, you're a young guy who recently lost his dad and is also dealing with hair loss. That's a lot of stuff going on brother. As someone who lost his mom at a young age and also started losing hair at a young age (~23), I can tell you that going on an anti-anxiety/anti-depressant was incredibly helpful for me -- and I can't be sure, but I think my hair loss really stalled, if not stopped, when I began taking the medication, perhaps because I wasn't stressing out anymore. Now 37, I recently had a HT done, and I don't take the anti-anxiety meds anymore -- I think I just needed some help getting through a rough patch in my life and I needed some non-stressed time to get some perspective on things.

Remember too Jarrod, in regard to your hair loss, that you are likely a very good candidate for a hair transplant if that is what you eventually decide to do about your situation. In any case, I wish you the best.

Take care,
    Michael

I think the balding process is much worse than actually being bald. But I wouldnt say youll lose your hair forever. Theres transplants you can do down the track and who knows 10 years from now cloning and other technologies will enable us to get all our hair back. But for now, try not to let it affect your life too much. Im trying to do the same - its damn hard though