+ Reply to Thread

Thread: believe me...

Default believe me...

hello. I've been browsing the forums for a little over 2 months now since I notice my hair was thinning at the temples and at the crown. Since then I've been obsessed with my hair and monitoring it all the time. Since the picture I've posted, my hair grown, but I also seem to noticed my hair is thinning ever where else on my head including the hairline.
    I went to a dermatologist, which was a total waist of time... He really just laughed and said your hair is good, theres nothing wrong with it, and your just experiencing a mature hair line, which on the Norwood scale is a 2.

everytime I wake up I find atlest 10 hairs in my pillow, thick and thin. I loose lots of hair in the shower, several hairs in the sink, and through out the day randomly i find them, whether they fall into my food, my shirt, or my notebook during class.
    My hair line hasn't receded at all, but I feel shit. I loved my hair, and so did women! I still look ok, but I'm afraid for the future and everyone says early recognition is the best. Its just very frustrating asking people to look at my hair and them just telling me I'm fine when I'm not...

Is there any suggestions for a good dermotologist or hair person in Riverside CA because the one I went to seems to not care at all...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1562.jpg

Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	6370   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1566.jpg

Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	6371   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1563.jpg

Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	6372   Click image for larger version

Name:	7e.jpg

Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	6373  

You wont want to hear this but your hair is better then 99.9% of guys on this forum

Only way to know is to visit with a respected Hair Transplant Doctor who can do a miniaturisation test on your scalp. They will probably get you on Propecia should you need it and will get you back in six months to do another miniaturisation test to see progress positive or negative

I would not just get generic Finasteride or go on Minoxidil until you get a consult with a trusted Doctor

And remember it is normal to lose 50-150 hairs each day

I appreciate all constructive honest replies
    I was just trying to get some opinions on my hair. The top isn't as thick as it use to be and the rear sides of my scalp are thinning also.
    I'm really not sure what is normal for me, but I am very sure that I loose more than 100 or 150, but not to sure what the effect will be since I feel the top being thinner than a few months ago.
    I really wish I could go to a dermatologist and get a miniaturization test, but I don't have the money or any insurance So I gotta wait till I do have the money which will be some time early next year...
    So now I'm trying to get as many opinions as possible. coming from anyone on this forum who has seen several different types of alopecia and telling me that I have better hair than most people on the forums actually gives me a little relief.
    Any other opinions?

Honestly if you cannot afford a dermatologist and test even if they say you are in your early stages of the balding process you will struggle to pay for medication to help your cause (I do not believe insurance will cover you for a test as balding is cosmetic surgery but I could be wrong) so make sure you save every penny to get Proscar (if you in fact need it)

Start saving your money anyway hair transplants in five or ten years if you do thin out will cost you ten to twenty thousand dollars

well I should be graduating sometime next year in the fall, so I'll have a job which has insurance by december of next year atleast.
    I'm really just curious the extent and how series it may be.