+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Can they look real?

Can a hair piece really look as good as real hair? Wouldn't be best to just do a transplant?

Some hairpieces can look very lifelike and be undetectable but they require a lot of maintenance and tend to be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Some hairpieces can look very lifelike and be undetectable but they require a lot of maintenance and tend to be expensive.
    They Can look very real. Spencer talks about the problems with the clubs and whatnot on the show, but he says that you can buy good ones.

Maybe you should call in or PM Spencer.

Default Where Do I go To Ask A Question or PM Spencer?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

There's a learning curve to attaching and maintaining a hair system. Regardless of whether you attach and remove daily or weekly or bi-weekly, it really doesn't take a lot of time or effort..

Question

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBob View Post
    There's a learning curve to attaching and maintaining a hair system. Regardless of whether you attach and remove daily or weekly or bi-weekly, it really doesn't take a lot of time or effort..
    How long have you been wearing one? Do you have any pictures you can upload? I'm interested in learning more about the whole thing.
    I went to toplace.com but didn't get much from there. The website is very outdated.

Default How real?

Amadeus: I'm an old fart - I'm 56. I started wearing many, many years ago when hairpieces were heavy, uncomfortable, way too dense and not very realistic. I gave up after a few months and tried again about 15 years ago. Same story - they really hadn't changed. BUT...

The pieces available now are amazingly realistic. I don't display my pics for personal reasons, but you can achieve almost any look you want without anyone being suspicious at all.

I notice you've been a member here for a year. I'm guessing you have been going back and forth for that long trying to decide whether or not to order a hair system. I think it's time for you to give it a try...even if your first piece isn't perfect, you'll know whether wearing hair is right for you or not.

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the advice Baldbob! I have been thinking about it for a long time. I started Propecia with good results and I know that Kobren preaches about keeping the sides and back thick to make transplants or a hair piece look natural.

I am still having trouble taking the artificial path even though I know they can look very good. How do you deal with women finding out?
    I was going to talk your advice and order one just to play around with it. I took another look at toplace.com but the website turns me off , it doesn't instill much confidence in the company for me so I think I'll order from coolpiece.com.
    Where do you get yours?

Default Yes,they can

As a hair replacement wearer for nearly 16 years, I can tell you honestly that the newer lace front hairpieces can absolutely look lifelike-even at kissing close distance. Now, that being said-the aforementioned realistic look lasts maybe a week after having had a service from a technician who cleans,attaches, and adds hair if needed. After that, the day to day maintenance is the part that requires much finesse. I have learned certain tricks of the trade through the years. There are many variables that can be altered. 1)Color-you have to be careful not to let the color fade
    2)Style-whether you where it parted to the side ,middle,slicked
    3)Using gel,hairspray,mouse all have different results
    4)Keeping your "real hair" color matched to the replacement
    5)Whether you let your hair air dry, or you blow dry it
    6)Keeping the length of the real hair in proportion to replacement
    So you see there are many different options to work with. If you become skilled at the maintenance of the replacement your chances of somebody detecting it is quite small. However, as any hair wearer can attest-there are going to be those days where it just doesnt come out quite right.This is going to happen from time to time and is one of the pitfalls that you have to accept.I hope this is helpful to anyone considering using hair replacement.

NYJames

Default Women

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Thanks for the advice Baldbob! I have been thinking about it for a long time. I started Propecia with good results and I know that Kobren preaches about keeping the sides and back thick to make transplants or a hair piece look natural.

I am still having trouble taking the artificial path even though I know they can look very good. How do you deal with women finding out?
    I was going to talk your advice and order one just to play around with it. I took another look at toplace.com but the website turns me off , it doesn't instill much confidence in the company for me so I think I'll order from coolpiece.com.
    Where do you get yours?
    In my experience with women-it completely depends on how you carry yourself. If you are about to get busy with a girl,you CONFIDENTLY tell her about it and then move on like it is no big deal. It only becomes an issue if you make it one. Plus chances are good she has probably had something done herself.