Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amadeus
    • Dec 2008

Toplace USA,
    Do you have any better examples then what’s on your website. It’s not easy to tell what the hair pieces really look like from the pictures you display. They look kind of old. How about some video?

Comment

• Toplace
      • Sep 2009

undetectable hair systems

We're in the process of putting a new website together and that will have better capabilities and fresh updates on the new site. Should be about 2-4 weeks away. These are photos that customers send in. Sometimes they send 'before' photos but not always. Toplace keeps the price affordable so that people 'can take the plunge.' After they try hair wearing everyone says the same thing--'Why didn't I do this years ago?' You can pay $2,600 for a Farrell unit or $195 for a Toplace unit and get better quality from Toplace. We've accepted the 'Farrell Challenge' on 6/26/09. He has yet to respond to Toplace--he ignores us. That's gotta tell you something.

Comment

• amadeus
        • Dec 2008

Thanks for responding, but with all due respect it sounds like you're giving me a sales pitch. I can see for myself that you don’t charge to much and I could care less about whatever challenge you're involved in. I come here for information and to get advice from real people. I’m sure that you are very knowledgeable, but I do not think this is the place to do the hard sell. “Toplace keeps the price affordable so that people 'can take the plunge.” This is a sales pitch!

Do you wear a hair piece? If so, why not fill me in about your experience instead of trying to sell me? Upload some of your pictures to show me how they really look.

Comment

• Toplace
          • Sep 2009

I wear hair--and here's a photo of me wearing a New Generation base. I've worn hair systems for 10 years. I first started with Hair Club but didn't like the high prices and contracts. I switched to Toplace and was a customer for 3 years before taking an ownership position. The photo is of me with a super thin skin (no lace) base with single injected venting, medium density, and body wave. We have customers in the entertainment business that go in front of the high definition cameras all the time.
          Attached Files

Comment

• amadeus
            • Dec 2008

Thanks for sharing Toplace! I can’t really see the picture that you posted too well since it’s so blurry, but I appreciate you telling your story.

Comment

• wheresMYhairDUDE
              • Jul 2009

Hi Guys,

I'm curious in a hair 'system' as an alternative to a transplant.

This might be a dumb question but how does sweat or excessive sweating effect a modern hair unit?

I'm noticeably sweatier than other guys on my head during light to heavy exercise or in nervous/stressful situations.

If I decided upon a topline system for example would there be any drawbacks?

Thanks.

Comment

• BaldBob
                • Aug 2009

Not dumb at all...

The good news is this: modern hairpieces are lighter than the old ones and the adhesives are 1000% better. There are loads of people who sweat heavily (for whatever reason) and have no problem keeping their hairpieces attached. You may need to try a few until you find the one that works best with your body chemistry, but that shouldn't be an obstacle that prevents you from trying a hairpiece.

You can't assume that there are no drawbacks. There is no such thing as a perfect solution, but a well-made and well-designed hair system will look as natural as your own hair.

Comment

• mep0812
                  • Aug 2009

I have worn a piece for 25 yrs due to a bad HT that gave me a barbie doll looking hairline. I did have the HT plugs removed and redistributed but it still does not look good enough to lose the piece. All I can say is that the new pieces do look natural but you will be a SLAVE to the piece. You worry about being out in the wind, keeping the color matched to your hair, always questioning yourself when people look at your hair while talking to them. Also, the price to keep it maintained is very expensive. Without a doubt I have spent thousands over the yrs..best bet is to clip your hair short and be done with it if you can..in my opinon a piece is not worth the cost, aggravation and embarrassment.

Comment

• blowmeup
                    • Nov 2008

I’ve been thinking about trying a piece but most people say it’s a real pain in the ass.

Comment

• BaldBob
                      • Aug 2009

Pain in the ass?

There is a learning curve, just like with everything else. Once you get the knack of how to attach, remove, etc., it doesn't take much time at all.

You have to decide for yourself if the results are worth the effort. All I have to do is look in the mirror and I know it's worth it to me.

Comment

• KDD
                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by BaldBob
                        There is a learning curve, just like with everything else. Once you get the knack of how to attach, remove, etc., it doesn't take much time at all.

You have to decide for yourself if the results are worth the effort. All I have to do is look in the mirror and I know it's worth it to me.
                        anywhere in Australia that you can find a good hair piece place ?

Comment

• Tazz
                          • Apr 2010

I have a question for the people who say you could "swim in them", how does it feel once you're out of the pool? Do you ever get a wet, underneath feeling?

Also, how often can you shower with a hairpiece? Are you suppose to shower around them somehow? Just confused a bit

Comment

• blowmeup
                            • Nov 2008

I think that you’ll feel the water through a lace hairpiece but it will still probably feel kind of like wearing a hat underwater.

Comment

• Gusto
                              • Apr 2010

Hair pieces can look real but make sure you get an unbiased opinion first. I've seen a lot of guys who are wearing systems that THINK theirs is undetectable.

Sometimes. But not always. Common flaws are you can see the join, color doesn't match, nor hair texture.

Another one is that many guys put a lot of faith in these seemingly 'undectable' frontal lace hairlines. Again, some are detectable.

Again, get an unbiased opinion.

Comment

• Toplace
                                • Sep 2009

Gusto,
                                You are very right. There's 3 elements that are necessary for a hair unit to look good.

1. Properly spec'd hair system (not too density, etc.)
                                2. Good attachment
                                3. Good cut in

Wearing hair isn't rocket science and these basic elements are achievable and affordable. Like anything you get better at it the more you do it.
                                Regards,
                                John
                                Toplace.com

Comment

Working...