+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hi Guys,

I'm curious in a hair 'system' as an alternative to a transplant.

This might be a dumb question but how does sweat or excessive sweating effect a modern hair unit?

I'm noticeably sweatier than other guys on my head during light to heavy exercise or in nervous/stressful situations.

If I decided upon a topline system for example would there be any drawbacks?

Thanks.

Default Not dumb at all...

The good news is this: modern hairpieces are lighter than the old ones and the adhesives are 1000% better. There are loads of people who sweat heavily (for whatever reason) and have no problem keeping their hairpieces attached. You may need to try a few until you find the one that works best with your body chemistry, but that shouldn't be an obstacle that prevents you from trying a hairpiece.

You can't assume that there are no drawbacks. There is no such thing as a perfect solution, but a well-made and well-designed hair system will look as natural as your own hair.

I have worn a piece for 25 yrs due to a bad HT that gave me a barbie doll looking hairline. I did have the HT plugs removed and redistributed but it still does not look good enough to lose the piece. All I can say is that the new pieces do look natural but you will be a SLAVE to the piece. You worry about being out in the wind, keeping the color matched to your hair, always questioning yourself when people look at your hair while talking to them. Also, the price to keep it maintained is very expensive. Without a doubt I have spent thousands over the yrs..best bet is to clip your hair short and be done with it if you can..in my opinon a piece is not worth the cost, aggravation and embarrassment.

I’ve been thinking about trying a piece but most people say it’s a real pain in the ass.

Default Pain in the ass?

There is a learning curve, just like with everything else. Once you get the knack of how to attach, remove, etc., it doesn't take much time at all.

You have to decide for yourself if the results are worth the effort. All I have to do is look in the mirror and I know it's worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBob View Post
    There is a learning curve, just like with everything else. Once you get the knack of how to attach, remove, etc., it doesn't take much time at all.

You have to decide for yourself if the results are worth the effort. All I have to do is look in the mirror and I know it's worth it to me.
    anywhere in Australia that you can find a good hair piece place ?

I have a question for the people who say you could "swim in them", how does it feel once you're out of the pool? Do you ever get a wet, underneath feeling?

Also, how often can you shower with a hairpiece? Are you suppose to shower around them somehow? Just confused a bit

I think that you’ll feel the water through a lace hairpiece but it will still probably feel kind of like wearing a hat underwater.

Hair pieces can look real but make sure you get an unbiased opinion first. I've seen a lot of guys who are wearing systems that THINK theirs is undetectable.

Sometimes. But not always. Common flaws are you can see the join, color doesn't match, nor hair texture.

Another one is that many guys put a lot of faith in these seemingly 'undectable' frontal lace hairlines. Again, some are detectable.

Again, get an unbiased opinion.

Gusto,
    You are very right. There's 3 elements that are necessary for a hair unit to look good.

1. Properly spec'd hair system (not too density, etc.)
    2. Good attachment
    3. Good cut in

Wearing hair isn't rocket science and these basic elements are achievable and affordable. Like anything you get better at it the more you do it.
    Regards,
    John
    Toplace.com