+ Reply to Thread

Default Need help in deciding on Dr. Bessam Farjo

Hi guys,
    I am based in London and have searched a lot to find a good doctor for my HT.
    And after a long research I have thought of going for Dr. B Farjo.
    Anyone here who has experienced treatment with Dr. B Farjo? Would appreciate if you share your experience.

Many thanks

Dr. Farjo seems to be very well respected by this community and I heard him do an interview with Spencer Kobren a few months back about the big problem with doing hair transplants on guys who are too young. He’s on the IAHRS so he must be very good and since he’s the only member in the UK I don't think I would go anywhere else in your area. You hear a lot of horror stories from guys who have transplants the UK. There's a company called the hospital group which is supposed to be really bad. That's probably why there is only one UK doctor in the IAHRS.

Thanks for your reply Winston.
    Yes that is the reason I have decided to go for Dr. Farjo. But when I saw his website and some photos of his patients, they do not get that dense look after their HT and that puts me in doubts as I am looking for appropriate dense look at my front line and crown which I had before hair loss. When I looked at the photos at other north american doctors website you can see the drastic difference. I am not sure why Dr. Farjo's patients do not have that look after HT.

Mick
    I thought HT surgery was all about getting your hair back??? What do u mean by an allusionh?

What Mick means is you have a finite amount of hair available from the donor area of your head (back and sides)

It is also a general rule that you only require fifty percent of your original hair in any area of your scalp to give it the look of fullness. This is what most Surgeons are trying to achieve and by doing so and with high artistic skill and graft placement (maximising the angle of grafts to reflect the light when it hits your hair) this gives the illusion of density. You have more hair on your head that is a given but you do not actually have all your hair on the top of your head as you did when you were a teenager.

Most of the time it is important to realise not only the density but the even distribution of hair on top. This will also add to the whole illusion (creating the contrast and even visual effect of the sides and top of head

Agree with Mick we all need to see patients in real life to see what is possible and truely determine whether your expectations will be met...

The only true way you will get a full result on top of your head (providing you do not have absolutely minimal loss currently) is to wear a hair system. I am not opposed to wearing them as most guys tend to be (each person has an opinion) and for mine it is a case of whatever gets you through each day