+ Reply to Thread

Default I am finally ready to deal with my receding Hairline

I am 47, I have a bald spot on the back of my head, the front is receding, and the top is thinning.

I figure that I might as well give hair restoration a try, especially after looking at my wedding pictures from Jan. 10.

I do have one slight problem. I have rosacea on my forehead. It is almost like a rectangle. It has been a problem for a couple of years now.

However, the rosacea does not affect the area where I want to get the hair transplants.

No now the big issues for me; (1) Will it work, (2) Will I have huge scars on the back donor area so that I cannot keep my hair trimmed tight in the back, (3) Will I lose my hair behind the transplants, (4) What are the risks of doing the procedure.

I would like to get this done right after summer is over. I am in the Los Angeles area.

Quote Originally Posted by stormlaw View Post
    I am 47, I have a bald spot on the back of my head, the front is receding, and the top is thinning.

I figure that I might as well give hair restoration a try, especially after looking at my wedding pictures from Jan. 10.

I do have one slight problem. I have rosacea on my forehead. It is almost like a rectangle. It has been a problem for a couple of years now.

However, the rosacea does not affect the area where I want to get the hair transplants.

No now the big issues for me; (1) Will it work, (2) Will I have huge scars on the back donor area so that I cannot keep my hair trimmed tight in the back, (3) Will I lose my hair behind the transplants, (4) What are the risks of doing the procedure.

I would like to get this done right after summer is over. I am in the Los Angeles area.
    There is a risk of a large scar on the back with a strip surgery. I've seen some that are horrible and some that are unnoticeable even parting the hair and looking close. Depends on how you scar and many other variables. You can take action to repair a scar if it is unacceptable. The other option is FUE, but the price is twice as much, and the yield is lower.

Now I am purely guessing here... with no professional experience or knowledge to back it up, but isn't rosacea caused from excessive capillaries at the skin, in which that should mean you have excellent blood flow up top, which would help the grafts rather than hinder them? Just a thought

Summer is basically over so this doesn’t give you much time to do your research. Whatever you do, don't be impulsive about getting a hair transplant. You have found the best place on the internet to do your research so take the time to read as much as you can. You can go to www.iahrs.org to find a reputable hair transplant surgeon, but don’t rush into having surgery. I would say that you should research for at least several months before even considering it.