+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Even hairs that have completely fallen out? Regrowing a full/natural NW1 hairline would be insane (in a good way).
    Any thoughts on what the quality of regrown hair might be?
    have you seen the new hair they grew on that trial patient? if we get that quality of hair back and a full head of hair i'll be psyched...and if it doesn't, you can always combine it with a transplant from HSI so that your donor won't be damaged.

Inactive

Question

Hi guys,

Here are some posts/comments/responses/links I found, you may find interesting too:

Based on the following blog article, published few weeks ago:
    http://ushairrestoration.com/blog/20...s-it-possible/

----------------------
    Dr. Mohebi Says:
    April 28th, 2008 at 3:24 pm

"You are welcome!
    I don’t believe that hair multiplication (cloning) can be a threat to anyone. If you are in hair restoration industry, the biggest threat will be if people do not know what options are out there and do nothing.
    We still don’t know much about the cost and the final appearance of hair, produced by hair multiplication techniques. I think not everyone is going to need hair multiplication (cloning).
    Most people with hair loss still have a large number of normal hairs in their donor area that can produce great appearance considering the new techniques that we have available now. The patients who may need hair multiplication are the ones with violated donor or weak hair with extensive balding area."

Comment/Response Source:
    http://ushairrestoration.com/blog/20...ultiplication/

----------------------
    Dr. Mohebi - Sept 9th, 2008:

"Few articles were presented on hair stem cell research and hair multiplication. However based on the presented evidences, there were no signs of an upcoming solution for hair multiplication or hair cloning any time soon.

One article [I guess he meant Dr. Gho's] discussed an innovative method of hair graft harvesting that can produce more hair from an existing follicular unit. The result of this study, although interesting was very controversial among the experts and the author could not release the study details on the methodology to elucidate this matter."

http://ushairrestoration.com/blog/20...ation-surgery/
    ----------------------------

On his website, Dr. Parsa Mohebi’s claims:

"By using a modern medical approach and advanced surgical techniques, one of Dr. Mohebi’s goals is to reestablish a patient’s self-image and self-esteem. Dr. Mohebi and his experienced staff are highly committed to using proven techniques and the most technologically advanced devices."

Source: http://ushairrestoration.com/parsa-mohebi.php

About Dr. Parsa Mohebi (general information):
    http://www.ishrs.org/doctor-search/bio.php?RegID=49590

According to the information above (all in all), it clearly seems that Dr. Parsa Mohebi has always been interested in “hair cloning”, “hair multiplication” as well as “wound healing”. This explains (at least for me), why he very interested followed Dr. Gho’s work since 2007 (seems to me that he has been very impressed). Among other things, within his posts he mentioned “I would rather wait to see more significant scientific proofs to claims of this kind before I consider them as viable options for the treatment of patterned hair loss” on one hand, and on the other hand, he feels “highly committed to using proven techniques”.

Dr. Mohebi is now clearly aware of the published HST study, where they could prove this technique (= "proven technique"); that means, now it is NOT up to them, to "prove" anything - now it's up to OTHERS!
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20388024

So the REAL BIG question remains:
    What will Dr. Parsa Mohebi (and maybe other HT docs) do now?

I mean, in future, EVERY proven and successful "hair cloning" or "hair multiplication" or "cell-based therapy" product/method WILL be patented - for sure! So nobody from the HT industry will offer this stuff to hair loss sufferers, because "it is patented" ???

Quote Originally Posted by HairRobinHood View Post
    Hi guys,

Here are some posts/comments/responses/links I found, you may find interesting too:

Based on the following blog article, published few weeks ago:
    http://ushairrestoration.com/blog/20...s-it-possible/

----------------------
    Dr. Mohebi Says:
    April 28th, 2008 at 3:24 pm

"You are welcome!
    I don’t believe that hair multiplication (cloning) can be a threat to anyone. If you are in hair restoration industry, the biggest threat will be if people do not know what options are out there and do nothing.
    We still don’t know much about the cost and the final appearance of hair, produced by hair multiplication techniques. I think not everyone is going to need hair multiplication (cloning).
    Most people with hair loss still have a large number of normal hairs in their donor area that can produce great appearance considering the new techniques that we have available now. The patients who may need hair multiplication are the ones with violated donor or weak hair with extensive balding area."

Comment/Response Source:
    http://ushairrestoration.com/blog/20...ultiplication/
    ----------------------

Dr. Mohebi - Sept 9th, 2008:

"Few articles were presented on hair stem cell research and hair multiplication. However based on the presented evidences, there were no signs of an upcoming solution for hair multiplication or hair cloning any time soon.

One article [I guess he meant Dr. Gho's] discussed an innovative method of hair graft harvesting that can produce more hair from an existing follicular unit. The result of this study, although interesting was very controversial among the experts and the author could not release the study details on the methodology to elucidate this matter."

http://ushairrestoration.com/blog/20...ation-surgery/

On his website, Dr. Parsa Mohebi’s claims:

"By using a modern medical approach and advanced surgical techniques, one of Dr. Mohebi’s goals is to reestablish a patient’s self-image and self-esteem. Dr. Mohebi and his experienced staff are highly committed to using proven techniques and the most technologically advanced devices."

Source: http://ushairrestoration.com/parsa-mohebi.php

About Dr. Parsa Mohebi (general information):
    http://www.ishrs.org/doctor-search/bio.php?RegID=49590

According to the information above (all in all), it clearly seems that Dr. Parsa Mohebi has always been interested in “hair cloning”, “hair multiplication” as well as “wound healing”. This explains (at least for me), why he very interested followed Dr. Gho’s work since 2007 (seems to me that he has been very impressed). Among other things, within his posts he mentioned “I would rather wait to see more significant scientific proofs to claims of this kind before I consider them as viable options for the treatment of patterned hair loss” on one hand, and on the other hand, he feels “highly committed to using proven techniques”.

Dr. Mohebi is now clearly aware of the published HST study, where they could prove this technique (= "proven technique"); that means, now it is NOT up to them, to "prove" anything - now it's up to OTHERS!
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20388024

So the REAL BIG question remains:
    What will Dr. Parsa Mohebi (and maybe other HT docs) do now?

I mean, in future, EVERY proven and successful "hair cloning" or "hair multiplication" or "cell-based therapy" product/method WILL be patented - for sure! So nobody from the HT industry will offer this stuff to hair loss sufferers, because it is patented ???
    well, if it's patented, that means we can go to the people that invented it for transplants. don't you think other doctors can perform the same technique as gho? all they need is the same needles and the same approach.

if hair multiplication is successful, it means that we will have to go to the institute that made it possible and have the operation there. i don't see how this is a problem...of course it would be more ideal for everyone to profit from these ideas, i mean, in my opinion is that whole patent industry very capitalistic and asocial in my opinion. new findings on this subject belong to mankind of course.

Inactive

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Dude View Post
    well, if it's patented, that means we can go to the people that invented it for transplants. don't you think other doctors can perform the same technique as gho? all they need is the same needles and the same approach.

if hair multiplication is successful, it means that we will have to go to the institute that made it possible and have the operation there. i don't see how this is a problem...of course it would be more ideal for everyone to profit from these ideas, i mean, in my opinion is that whole patent industry very capitalistic and asocial in my opinion. new findings on this subject belong to mankind of course.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by HairRobinHood View Post
    Exactly!
    so i guess we have to wait for histogen, and in the mean time keep popping the finasteride pills and the saw palmetto, and in the worst case, go to hair science institute for multiple transplants...

one thing i didn't understand though. they said they cannot put the hairs so close to each other as mother nature, but i wonder if other surgeons could do it better. that you go to HSI for the first few operations, and to make it more thick, have another very small transplant at like bijan feriduni or hasson & wong or something like that...

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Dude View Post
    one thing i didn't understand though. they said they cannot put the hairs so close to each other as mother nature, but i wonder if other surgeons could do it better. that you go to HSI for the first few operations, and to make it more thick, have another very small transplant at like bijan feriduni or hasson & wong or something like that...
    Due to the fact, that HST grafts (FU’s) are pretty thin, due to the use of just 0.5 or 0.6 mm inner diameter special needles, each HST graft needs a so-called “recovery zone” in the skin. That means, there is a need for the place for the expected regenerating REMAINDER of the follicle tissue of the vertically transected HST-grafts (grafts, WITHOUT the surrounding entire tissue of an “intact” hair follicle). And therefore, if the whole transplantation process is carried out in the same area all at one time, there COULD be a good chance that not all the transplants will "take" and also scar tissue may form. I mentioned something about this topic in some previous posts here?

Secondly, if HT docs too many closely packed-together grafts transplant in the recipient site (in general), this COULD end up not successful due to death of follicles due to limited blood supply, among some other reasons. In other words - "There is more grass for each cow" if you do not transplant grafts too closely in the same area all at one time/procedure (it’s more safe).

On the other hand, concerning “density”, I really wonder myself about a specific part of the following:

-----------------------------------
    Hair Stem Cell Injection

The Hair Stem Cell Transplant [HST] is the result of continuous research by HSI. One of the next steps will be Hair Stem Cell Injection (HaarStamcel Injectie&#174, not a new transplant method but a quantum leap forward with HST. This injection method has achieved very satisfactory results in practice. Thanks in part to the quality of the results, this method can be expected to be officially launched in the near future.

The difference

Up to the removal of the hair stem cells to be transplanted, the technique is the same as HST. The major difference lies in the method of implantation. With HST, the stem cells are "planted" in tiny holes made in the restoration area with a needle. The holes fill with a droplet of blood, which ultimately leads to sealing and healing of the wound. With Hair Stem Cell Injection, the stem cells are injected directly into the skin without prepared holes. This means the following advantages:

· Higher density: now the hair stem cells can be implanted even more closely together. With HST, the implantation spacing is 0.2-0.3 mm, while with injection the spacing is 0-0.1 mm.

· Faster healing: with HST, healing was already fast (1 to 2 days); with the injection method, there is essentially no recovery time in the restoration area because there are no wounds.

· Even greater precision: Thanks to the refinement of the injection method, the precision of the method is unsurpassed.

· Ideal for burn wounds: scar tissue from burn wounds has poor blood circulation. But the injection method does not require blood for healing, simply because there are essentially no wounds to require healing.

Source: http://www.hasci.com
    -----------------------------------

Spacing is just 0-0,1 mm ??

I really wonder if this is just a typo mistake ?

Within some videos on their website (e.g. the "Bridget Maasland" or "Igli reportage" video), there you can clearly see where they INJECT HST-grafts with injection tools (similar to a syringe). But even with such tools, it is practically IMPOSSIBLE to implant HST grafts so closely!
    So I guess they are talking here about the injection of in laboratories CULTURED hair follicle CELLS. Because this would be the only way to implant "follicles" so closely.

What do you think ?

Inactive

Well other then my banned Pre Poster, i am very very sceptic about Gho. At HS there is actually one user who is enrolled in Ari studies.

But there a no Gho patients around and this is strange. So unless we can see clear proof i say ignore him

Well Hello Hello old friend

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    Well Hello Hello old friend
    why are you bumping this crap?

Dawkins is long gone.