+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Are the copied hairs immune to hair loss? Will they not fall out like the natural hairs in your head?

Well, I guess it depends which hairs they copy doesn't it? I can't understand why scientists don't just analyse hair on the top and the sides to determine why one is susceptible and the other is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    Well, I guess it depends which hairs they copy doesn't it? I can't understand why scientists don't just analyse hair on the top and the sides to determine why one is susceptible and the other is not.
    Yes, they're immune because they're duplicated from back and sides of the head. I really don't think we need to call this a 'trial' - it's being done routinely every day and it's proven to work. My next HT is with them in 2011 so I'll let you know how it goes. There's really nothing to be in suspense about though. The questions have been answered...

Hey, notice that the usual HT docs and reps on this board steer clear of HST conversations? You gotta wonder why.......

It's a difficult issue. The last thing we need is schisms in the field, we need every brain we have working together on this.

I think we need to ask whether the Hair Science Institute is shunned because it is a sham or whether it is shunned because of professional rivalry. Has HSI simply refused to be a member of their club?

Or maybe there is a USA vs Europe professional rivalry? The institute recommended by this board, as far as I recall, only have one or two surgeons in the UK. That doesn't mean there are not more excellent HT surgeons in the country.

My hunch is that something doesn't seem right in the way HSI is treated. It is not a faceless organisation and we know its doctors are properly qualified to carry out their procedures. If other HT doctors have a problem with them, then they should prove it in medical journals and by confronting the science they claim is bad with evidence.

It's a difficult issue. The last thing we need is schisms in the field, we need every brain we have working together on this.

I think we need to ask whether the Hair Science Institute is shunned because it is a sham or whether it is shunned because of professional rivalry. Has HSI simply refused to be a member of their club?

Or maybe there is a USA vs Europe professional rivalry? The institute recommended by this board, as far as I recall, only have one or two surgeons in the UK. That doesn't mean there are not more excellent HT surgeons in the country.

My hunch is that something doesn't seem right in the way HSI is treated. It is not a faceless organisation and we know its doctors are properly qualified to carry out their procedures. If other HT doctors have a problem with them, then they should prove it in medical journals and by confronting the science they claim is bad with evidence.
    i don't think it has anything to do with us vs. europe, because a few european surgeons complained about HSI and ungrounded facts that they still need to prove...i had a dr. kristel van herwijnen on the phone this morning, and she told me that it would take very long, but after a few operations you will be able to have a full head of hair, maybe not like a teenager because you can't place the hairs so close to each other as mother nature did, but it could be full enough for no one to notice.

I have to say, having looked at their website, their results look just as crap as a normal hair transplant. So what's so special about them?

I have to say, having looked at their website, their results look just as crap as a normal hair transplant. So what's so special about them?
    i think the donor preservation part. and one of the results looks actually really good...

Having one or two good results isn't unusual for any qualified doctor though, surely? All of them get the odd one with a superb donor area who respond surprisingly well to treatment.

I guess the only thing to say here is that maybe there is the potential for many more procedures and good thickness in the end!

Personally, I think Histogen will prove to be a much better product.

Having one or two good results isn't unusual for any qualified doctor though, surely? All of them get the odd one with a superb donor area who respond surprisingly well to treatment.

I guess the only thing to say here is that maybe there is the potential for many more procedures and good thickness in the end!

Personally, I think Histogen will prove to be a much better product.
    i think you are right. histogen is definately worth the wait for. but even if you do decide to go to the HSI, at least you will preserve your donor area, and when histogen comes out you can use it to top it. in 2013 it should be available in asia...

Hair transplants might interfere with the pre-existing cells that Histogen brings back to life...