+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Vitamins to promote hair health?

What vitamins can one take to improve hair health and growth?

Quote Originally Posted by 79BirdofPrey View Post
    What vitamins can one take to improve hair health and growth?
    You should take biotin and b complex supplements. Also, u should consider taking saw palmetto supplements.

Waste of time. Using this stuff would be like fighting the Nazis with a toothpick.

whether vitamins work or not, im still not 100% sure, but since your asking, i take Saw Palmetto 3 pills two times daily, i take Fish Oil and Flaxseed Oil both 1 pill 2 times daily, i also take B12 1 pill twice daily and i take a multivitamin 1 pill a day, and like every other day i take a Iron pill.

my hair was really thinning on top, and alot of hairs would come off when i would run my fingers through my hair or comb it. its been almost a year since i started taking vitamins and pills for my hair, and i feel my hair is stable now, if that makes sense, i dont feel im loosing it. my friend who cuts my hair says its fuller, but i feel she's BSing me. but i have alot of new baby hairs in front, and shorter hairs all over on top, i dunno if its new grow or what, and if its here to stay, i notice that if i comb my hair over the sink that its mostly the shorter hair that falls off.

i can only tell you what i know from my experience, and i feel the pills help me, i wouldnt stop taking them now, but then again it could all just be in my head....

hope i could help

Maximizing Your Growth Cycle

The right vitamins and minerals play a major role in keeping your hair healthy. Any nutritional deficiencies can lead to thinning hair or even total baldness.
    It is a well known fact that an under active thyroid can result in frizzy or brittle hair while an overactive thyroid turn hair greasy and limp.
    The bottom line to this thread is that your hair ultimately reflects the overall condition of your body. If your body is healthy and well nourished, your hair will be your shining glory.
    If you are having any health problems or suffering from any nutritional deficiencies, your hair may stop growing or show damage.
    If your body is in good health, you can maximize your genetic growth cycle through taking the proper blend of amino acids and B-vitamins.
    It is also important to include B-6, biotin, Inositol and folic acid in the supplemental program. It has been found that certain minerals including magnesium, sulfur, silica and zinc are also very important toward maintaining healthy hair.
    Beta-carotene is also essential to hair growth. This is because it is converted to vitamin A as the body needs it, helps maintain normal growth and bone development, protective sheathing around nerve fibers, as well as promoting healthy skin, hair and nails.
    Beta-carotene is found in green and yellow vegetables and fruits

Protein Is Important

Since hair is protein, a diet that is too low in protein may cause some thinning in hair or a retardation in the growth cycle. The converse is true, If you eat a protein-rich diet it will often result in improved hair growth.
    Some nutritional experts suggest the dietary utilization of calves liver, brewer's yeast, wheat germ and a daily dose of two tablespoons of granulated lecithin to maximize hair growth, strength and beauty.
    Other good food sources for protein include fish, eggs, beans and yogurt. Soy protein has also been found to be helpful in stimulating hair growth.
    One study of the results of soy on the hair found that it not only strengthened the hair but caused it to grow. A great source of soy is tofu.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Growth Blockers

Excessive stress and some medications are conclusively known to retard hair growth. If you have a medical condition and your physician has prescribed medications it is imperative that you follow your doctor's orders regardless of the impact to your hair,
    Warning: Always consult your doctor before you undertake any new type of vitamin, mineral program or herbal program of any type to make sure it does not interfere with any medical treatment you may currently be on.
    However, if you are under severe stress it is helpful to reduce the stress as much as possible. Consider meditation or relaxation as a way to cut back on any major stress in your life. Your hair will love your for it.
    Another secret hair helper is rest and sleep. It has been discovered that to grow faster, hair needs an adequate amount of sleep (7-9 hours are suggested).

Hair Growing Supplements

Eat right, exercise, reduce stress, rest, gets lots of sleep and your are well on your way to maximizing your hair growth potential.
    You can either take a good supplement that contains the necessary vitamins and minerals or you can make up your own formula.

While eating the proper foods that contain all the necessary vitamins and minerals will help, it is a lot more difficult to guarantee that you will get all the vitamins and minerals you need from the foods you eat.
    List of Supplements

In addition to making lifestyle changes, taking the following supplements every day can boost hair growth for many people:

Vitamin B-complex - 50 mg. of the major B-vitamins (including folate, biotin and inositol)

Vitamin B-6 - 50 mg. of vitamin B-6

Vitamin C with bioflavonoids - one to two grams daily

Vitamin E - 400 to 800 IU daily

Beta-Carotene - 10,000 to 15,000 IU of beta-carotene daily

One recommended daily dose of magnesium, sulfur, zinc

Silica (horsetail) - 300 mg. daily

Nettle - 250 mg. three times daily

Flaxseed oil - one tbsp daily or one tablet

Beta-Carotene - 10,000 to 15,000 IU of beta-carotene daily

Hair Growing Tips

Some hair loss experts have discovered that people have excellent hair growing results by following the Zone Diet, which is low in fat. Many other hair care experts recommend the Zone Diet as very helpful for hair care concerns.
    Here are some other hair growing tips:

Eliminate or cut back on smoking, caffeine and carbonated sodas which weaken the body and block maximum hair growing potential.

Eat a healthy diet. Avoid foods that are high in sugar or fat.

Treat your hair like a piece of fine old lace. Treat it carefully avoiding any unnecessary brushing, combing or handling.

Avoid use of hot water, hot blow dryers or other hair care tools that may stress the hair.

Have a weekly scalp massage to provide stimulation to the hair follicles.

Do a series of ongoing hot oil treatments to protect the hair's shaft.

Have regular trims to eliminate split ends and allow the hair to look and feel healthier.

Get plenty of rest and sleep to allow your body to grow hair.

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Has anyone ever heard of the vitamin called Hair Essentials ? I think certain vitamins might be beneficial to someone like me who's starting to have hair trouble, maybe.

When I see a list that you supplied and I look at my multi vitamin it seems terrible... 5 mg of b6 for instance and you suggest 50mg.... should I go and buy all the 1 a day pills for biotin, b12, beta carentine etc.... and take the multi vitamin?

Feel like I might take to many pills, is there such thing as to much vitamins? Cause I am sure I will get a lot from daily food intake.

Also what is the skinny on chewing vitamin pills rather then swallowing them. I have a terrible gag reflex and usually just chomp them up, I know disgusting to some but I am so used to it now it doesnt even phase me

Cheers

I live in california, and I wonder if marijuana effects hair growth/loss in negative or positive way. I couldn't find any proven record on that : )

Vitamin C, B, A, D, and E are essential and also help with hair growth. Biotin is another good supplement and so is Niacin, which helps to nourish the scalp and promote hair growth.

Hope you have got plenty of information. Keep caring for your hair.