+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Recoverup!

Two good questions. Is TRX2 safe, and can it interfere with finasteride? I guess we need to consider the active ingredients which are Potassium, BCAA, Nicotinic Acid and L-carnitine:

A potassium rich diet is healthy and it is claimed it can reduce hypertension and stroke. It's found in almost all fruits and vegetables. The recommended amount per day is normally around 4,000mg and typically Brits and Americans consume only half of that. However, very high concentrations of potassium ion in concentrated tablet form can kill tissue and cause gastric injury and therefore non-prescription supplement pills are limited to 99mg in the United States. I would presume there is less than this in TRX2, especially as a multivitamin is recommended alongside taking this tablet. Provided this is the case, potassium should not be a concern (however, if you have kidney diseases, you should not take potassium ions).

BCAA are branched chain amino acids. Apparently, they have been used to clinically aid the recovery of burn victims! My reading of this ingredient is that it is harmless; only a deficiency will cause problems.

Nicotinic acid is a B vitamin (B3). Does anyone ever use those Berocca tabs? I think there's a shedload of niacin in those and it's never done me any harm!

On a more serious note, you should not exceed 3g of niacin per day.

Finally, L-carnitine. Wikipedia tells me that administration of a carnitine mixture or propionyl-L-carnitine is capable of increasing serum osteocalcin concentrations of animals thus treated, whereas serum osteocalcin levels tend to decrease with age in control animals. Apparently, it's been used as a weight loss supplement and in the treatment of diabetes.

I think from what I've read it shouldn't interfere with propecia or have side effects, provided the doses are below those advised above. Actually, a good argument could be made that the ingredients are just a bunch of vitamins you can buy over the counter, although I think BCAA and L-carnitine would be hard to come by!

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    Two good questions. Is TRX2 safe, and can it interfere with finasteride? I guess we need to consider the active ingredients which are Potassium, BCAA, Nicotinic Acid and L-carnitine:

A potassium rich diet is healthy and it is claimed it can reduce hypertension and stroke. It's found in almost all fruits and vegetables. The recommended amount per day is normally around 4,000mg and typically Brits and Americans consume only half of that. However, very high concentrations of potassium ion in concentrated tablet form can kill tissue and cause gastric injury and therefore non-prescription supplement pills are limited to 99mg in the United States. I would presume there is less than this in TRX2, especially as a multivitamin is recommended alongside taking this tablet. Provided this is the case, potassium should not be a concern (however, if you have kidney diseases, you should not take potassium ions).

BCAA are branched chain amino acids. Apparently, they have been used to clinically aid the recovery of burn victims! My reading of this ingredient is that it is harmless; only a deficiency will cause problems.

Nicotinic acid is a B vitamin (B3). Does anyone ever use those Berocca tabs? I think there's a shedload of niacin in those and it's never done me any harm!

On a more serious note, you should not exceed 3g of niacin per day.

Finally, L-carnitine. Wikipedia tells me that administration of a carnitine mixture or propionyl-L-carnitine is capable of increasing serum osteocalcin concentrations of animals thus treated, whereas serum osteocalcin levels tend to decrease with age in control animals. Apparently, it's been used as a weight loss supplement and in the treatment of diabetes.

I think from what I've read it shouldn't interfere with propecia or have side effects, provided the doses are below those advised above. Actually, a good argument could be made that the ingredients are just a bunch of vitamins you can buy over the counter, although I think BCAA and L-carnitine would be hard to come by!
    and this helps your hair grow how?

Heh, yeah. I'm really, really not a scientist! I have to admit as I was working through the ingredients, my doubts on the likelihood of the product working increased.

I had about 70% confidence in the product then and now I'd say it's about 40%. That's still high enough for me to try it, but I wouldn't blame you if you didn't!

30% confidence is my benchmark for trying something. Positives from this approach have been taking beta sitosterol and using minoxidil. Negatives have included using Revivogen and Thymuskin, neither of which worked for me (although I still like Thymuskin as a shampoo, not that I'd pay that much for it).

My confidence is made up of the reputation of the person behind the product as a serious scientist who isn't afraid to show his face in public and demonstrates a scientific knowledge of potassium ions which has faced peer review; the backing of the university and reputable sponsors of innovation and the general interest in potassium ions as a means of reversing aging and degenerative disease.

To exceed 40% I would need to see photos (though I think people too often mistakenly accept photos at face value. It's easy to put a top end wig or toppik on a data subject and photograph them); a peer review directly related to the product (this would determine whether confidence should be 0% or 90% plus) and extensive safety trials.

The trouble with all three of these requirements is that I don't want to wait for all of this study to be complete. Compare this with Histogen; I have to wait until at least 2013 for that. With TRX2, it might not work, but at least I have the means to conduct my own trial. In terms of product availability, it's the only thing so far that is new out next year with some iota of promise. I'd happily trial all sorts of products given the chance and to be honest TRX2 isn't very expensive; it only takes me about three days work to pay for a year's supply with the discount.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...7.00611.x/full

This is an interesting article on L-carnitine and hair. As an idiot who understands about as much about science as a caveman knew about Britney Spears, I didn't read the full article. I basically read 'L-carnitine' and 'androgenetic alopecia' and joined the dots. Hopefully a scientist will read the article and put it in layman's terms!

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    Heh, yeah. I'm really, really not a scientist! I have to admit as I was working through the ingredients, my doubts on the likelihood of the product working increased.

I had about 70% confidence in the product then and now I'd say it's about 40%. That's still high enough for me to try it, but I wouldn't blame you if you didn't!

30% confidence is my benchmark for trying something. Positives from this approach have been taking beta sitosterol and using minoxidil. Negatives have included using Revivogen and Thymuskin, neither of which worked for me (although I still like Thymuskin as a shampoo, not that I'd pay that much for it).

My confidence is made up of the reputation of the person behind the product as a serious scientist who isn't afraid to show his face in public and demonstrates a scientific knowledge of potassium ions which has faced peer review; the backing of the university and reputable sponsors of innovation and the general interest in potassium ions as a means of reversing aging and degenerative disease.

To exceed 40% I would need to see photos (though I think people too often mistakenly accept photos at face value. It's easy to put a top end wig or toppik on a data subject and photograph them); a peer review directly related to the product (this would determine whether confidence should be 0% or 90% plus) and extensive safety trials.

The trouble with all three of these requirements is that I don't want to wait for all of this study to be complete. Compare this with Histogen; I have to wait until at least 2013 for that. With TRX2, it might not work, but at least I have the means to conduct my own trial. In terms of product availability, it's the only thing so far that is new out next year with some iota of promise. I'd happily trial all sorts of products given the chance and to be honest TRX2 isn't very expensive; it only takes me about three days work to pay for a year's supply with the discount.
    you know, i was just looking at their website and it does look very legitimate...the organizations that back it up...the university that backs it up...i don't think they would do something like that if they didn't believe in the product at all..the price also seems okay. only thing, i don't have a creditcard...in the netherlands it's not very common to have a creditcard...

Default Recoverup - case study pictures available

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Dude View Post
    I'm sorry Mr. Stewart, but when I went on the Recoverup website, I saw no pictures of any results. It's very difficult to believe this when you don't see any evidence that it works.
    Hi Dutch_Dude, as a result of the points you have raised, I have put more pressure on the medical team to get the type of photographs you've requested. And I will post up today to the website what we have so far.

What happened so far is;
    (1) the Doctor was taking pictures before surgery (when patients were prepped for surgery, and hence the hair was dampened to show clearly to the surgeon where to inject) but there pictures were flagged on ************* as being manipulated unfairly. So all these pictures were withdrawn.
    (2) Other pictures with offered, without damp hair, but these were rejected as being taken from too far a distance, and not clearly showing the hair growth.
    (3) Close up's were offered, and these were criticised on another forum as being too close. (!)

Obviously the right pictures are important, and it's my job to find the pictures that the majority can accept.

So … I will be posting up a sample of pictures to the recoverup website in the next few hours for your perusal. More pictures will be released as I arrange them.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hamish Stewart, Marketing Manager.

you know, i was just looking at their website and it does look very legitimate...the organizations that back it up...the university that backs it up...i don't think they would do something like that if they didn't believe in the product at all..the price also seems okay. only thing, i don't have a creditcard...in the netherlands it's not very common to have a creditcard...
    I've been having problems trying to order on their website. I'm waiting for them to e-mail me back about the problems I've had.

You can pay via paypal if you're happy to do so, which I think you can link to your bank account for direct debits.

Remember, you guys don't know the exact ingredients. I am not talking about the combination but actually what they put in there.

This is the first supplement to contain Potassium, L-carnitine, BCAA and Nicotinic Acid delivered via a proprietary potassium channel-stimulating complex.

I dno though. There seems to be 1 billion things that MIGHT work. Why would THIS work?

I really want it to, as always. Nice though that we have a lot of people working on this crap. I think I will most likely live most of my life with a good head of hair. The wait is killing me though.

Why would it work, why wouldn't it I suppose.

As far as I can tell, TRX2, like minoxidil, was discovered by mistake. Prior to 2009, Whitfield was working on potassium ion channels in hepatitis patients. Presumably hair growth was a bi-product.

Really sucks that it says it takes 5+ months to see results. That is insane long time to "test" something without knowing it works. Also, a very long time to wait and see if it works. Besides that, they only start selling in a few months. So it will be a long time before we even know if it works or not.