View Poll Results: Which doctor would you go to?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dr. Hasson

1 25.00%
  • Dr. Gabel

2 50.00%
  • Flp a coin

1 25.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Question Dr. Hasson or Dr. Gabel? 2500-3000 FUE

HI all I am fairly new on here and I am going to get an FUE procedure next month. I am 25 years old with receeding hairline and thinning in the crown.

I have a surgery scheduled with Dr. Hasson for a FUE procedure next month to add 2500 grafts to my hairline. I also have thinning on my crown but it has been advised that I address that later on because it is a large area and my hairline is more important to me. With that being said, I have spoken to their consultation doctor for a few hours but I have not spoken to Dr. Hasson and I am not scheduled to until the day of my surgery. Is this normal? It seems quite odd to me.

I've read that Dr. Gabel is very personal and he also has an opening next month. Wondering if I should stick with my plan to go to Dr. Hasson, or if I should schedule it with Dr. Gabel. I have sent both Doctors my photos and they both would be doing similar procedures (FUE around 2000-3000 grafts).. I was also thinking that the no-shave FUE with Dr. Gabel could be a good option.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuaseattle View Post
    HI all I am fairly new on here and I am going to get an FUE procedure next month. I am 25 years old with receeding hairline and thinning in the crown.

I have a surgery scheduled with Dr. Hasson for a FUE procedure next month to add 2500 grafts to my hairline. I also have thinning on my crown but it has been advised that I address that later on because it is a large area and my hairline is more important to me. With that being said, I have spoken to their consultation doctor for a few hours but I have not spoken to Dr. Hasson and I am not scheduled to until the day of my surgery. Is this normal? It seems quite odd to me.

I've read that Dr. Gabel is very personal and he also has an opening next month. Wondering if I should stick with my plan to go to Dr. Hasson, or if I should schedule it with Dr. Gabel. I have sent both Doctors my photos and they both would be doing similar procedures (FUE around 2000-3000 grafts).. I was also thinking that the no-shave FUE with Dr. Gabel could be a good option.

What do you guys think?
    There is no consultation "doctor" as H&W. You're speaking with a former patient of either Dr. Hasson or Dr. Wong, Christopher or Doug.

You really have to ask yourself two basic questions. First, isolate the FUE only cases of each and ask yourself if you like what you see. Then ask yourself if you prefer that a doctor will perform the extractions or a technician. Then you'll have your answer, assuming everything else being equal.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Exclamation Clarification / question

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    There is no consultation "doctor" as H&W. You're speaking with a former patient of either Dr. Hasson or Dr. Wong, Christopher or Doug.

You really have to ask yourself two basic questions. First, isolate the FUE only cases of each and ask yourself if you like what you see. Then ask yourself if you prefer that a doctor will perform the extractions or a technician. Then you'll have your answer, assuming everything else being equal.
    Doug is who I referred to as the "consultation doctor", although his title is "senior advisor", and he was consulting as well as advising me that Dr. Hasson is a great person conduct my HT.

I think they both do equal work.

Are you saying one of the offices uses technicians and the other doctor performs the majority of the surgery himself? Please elaborate!

his title is "senior advisor", and he was consulting as well as advising me that Dr. Hasson is a great person conduct my HT.
    Im sure he did... Thats his job hey ;-)
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuaseattle View Post
    Doug is who I referred to as the "consultation doctor", although his title is "senior advisor", and he was consulting as well as advising me that Dr. Hasson is a great person conduct my HT.

I think they both do equal work.

Are you saying one of the offices uses technicians and the other doctor performs the majority of the surgery himself? Please elaborate!
    I'm saying that when you do your research, you have to ask the questions that matter. I'm a believer in knowing who is doing your surgery. The last thing you want is a surprise guest in the OR that you wish you had met BEFORE you made the decision to actually have your surgery. Don't misunderstand, I know some techs that transplant circles around some doctors, but you need to know everything. It's your head, so that means you have to live with the result. The doctor doesn't.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

I went to Dr. Gabel.

I couldn't have been happier with this decision. I am only 4 days post surgery so I cannot speak on the results. But I can speak on Dr. Gabel and his staff's professionalism and ability to make a long all-day procedure become what seemed to be extremely easy for the staff, and easy for me.

If you've ever spoken to Dr. Gabel or heard him in video you would know that he is a cheerful and enthusiastic guy. This becomes a under-rated feature during the day of the surgery because you are with Dr. Gabel almost the entire day (besides getting checked in and breaks throughout the day). Dr. Gabel was by my side cutting out 2,000 grafts individually and then implanted those 2,000 grafts individually.

The technician (or assistant) makes it very clear before the surgery to communicate how I am feeling and speak up if anything hurts. Thankfully, I didn't have to speak up and the process was essentially painless (besides the initial numbing shots). I began to learn a few of the staff's names towards the end of the day because they were so friendly just like Dr. Gabel, I was provided with snacks & lunch, and most importantly, the entire day was dedicated to my surgery. Dr. Gabel only books 1 surgery per day so if you have get a HT done by Dr. Gabel, you will know that the doctor and his staff will be giving you their undivided attention for the day.

As I said in the second sentence in the first paragraph, I cannot speak to my results (yet), but I can speak on behalf of the way Dr. Gabel carries out the HT process at his office and Gr. Gabel's process was effortless for me and efficient. I couldn't imagine this process possibly being any smoother then the one I just went through at Dr. Gabel's office.

Check back in a few months for my results!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    I'm saying that when you do your research, you have to ask the questions that matter. I'm a believer in knowing who is doing your surgery. The last thing you want is a surprise guest in the OR that you wish you had met BEFORE you made the decision to actually have your surgery. Don't misunderstand, I know some techs that transplant circles around some doctors, but you need to know everything. It's your head, so that means you have to live with the result. The doctor doesn't.
    But if you dont know if the tech is better than the doctor how would you know which one is best? When you had your HT with H & S who did the HT?

thanks.