+ Reply to Thread

Default 30, had ht, this forum has some scary posts lol

So like I said... had a HT, its in the hair transplant veterans section if you care to read it there. I have to say, reading this forum for a few days has made me less optimistic. I understand people who have great success probably stop coming onto forums as they just stop thinking and milling over their balding so much, and those who have nightmare scenarios come here to vent. But jeez... I've just got HT and felt great about it... now I'm starting to get a little scared. I can't really see my sutures right now except for the bacitracin clumping the hair together, and the little bit of shaved hair at the suture site. Now I find myself being perhaps overly concerned about what my scar will end up looking like. I keep my hair at about 1/2 inch in the back and my dr said he thinks that will cover it fine, but everyone seems to make it sound like hair dr's are all selling snake oil except for a select few. surely the situation cannot be this grim.

Also... I've a bunch of stitches over the years... 4 stitches on the forehead above left eye (not noticeable), 8 on my right hand on the thumb nuckle (more noticeable but no one has ever pointed it out... elbow, same deal. None of my scaring has ever seemed to pit or ridge so I'm hoping the same will hold true of the HT scar. I've also had some pretty good roadrash scarring on both forearms from offroad racing that no one notices (slightly darker skin than the rest, though I realize this is a much more superficial tissue damage situation compared to an incision).

The tightness feeling in the back of my head has all but completely disappeared at this point which is good... the first few days felt kinda tight.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Stay confident. Many of the scars using the new suturing techniques leave very minimal scars. You should have been told that having a strip procedure does leave a pencil thin line that can be easily covered with hair. How long you will need to keep your hair in the donor area depends on what hair and skin characteristics you have. Think positive. Life is short.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile