+ Reply to Thread

Talking 13 days to go :d

Hi all
    I posted before a few months back about preparing for my surgery with DR Rahal
    that time has come upon me and Iam very excited
    I cant wait to be in the hands of one of the top DR's. Ive seen many a review and his work is outstanding....I will keep this upto date once I have returned from Canada.
    Can someone tell me will I be in a state of pain after the surgery ? ( not that Iam bothered ) because its my first adventure to canada I want to plan my trip in more detail and I want to know what is the pain like about 24 hours later
    Iam sure il bare it anyway Iam determined in any case just curious is all
    if anyone could shed some light for me of what ill expect that would be great

thanks

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Are you having a strip procedure or FUE. The post operative pain from a strip procedure usually occurs in the donor area where the stitches where placed and may last 3-5 days. You could have intermittant headaches post operatively from either type of procedure. Most hair transplant physicians either supply or prescribe pain meds for the patient to help with post operative pain and discomfort. Occationally I have a patient that never really has any pain, but most to describe some pain in the donor area that is easily releaved with the pain meds. Good luck.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Good luck!

Default Pain

I just had a follicular unit graft procedure yesterday. I hate to tell you but I have had terrible pain in the donor area. I believe it must the all that sowing of the skin that has made it pretty unbearable. Icing helps of course DO NOT ice the recipient area. Good luck!

Default Day 2

Hi all
    Ive had my front grafts done which came to 3120 and Iam very excited, the hair line looks amazing and Iam sooooo thankful for the skill of DR Rahal he made me feel real at ease ( ohhhh I nearly didnt get into canada because I am not staying in ottawa Iam in Gatineau which is like 20 minute drive to his place and barely 5 mins into ottawa the customs got real pushy about that fact... I nearly said send me home then lucky I didnt ehhhh :P )
    he informed me that the crown was pointless to undertake because of my density he said its like taking the thin hairs and replacing them with thin hairs ( which will fall out anyways ) I get that so about another year Ill go for round 2 with hair loss but I can report Ive had no pain what so ever all Ive has is a swollen which is a pain cos Ive been out and about in ottawa and my golf ball eye has freaked the people big time :P
    anyways Iam due to leave in a few days time thought I would post 2 pics up check them out they are in the album for me and as time pass's on more will come hopefully kind Adrian will let me have the pics he took aswell for reference.
    take care all
    blackout.blackout

Thumbs up

Hi Dr Charles
    I had a strip proceedure I have to admit I nearly screamed blue murder in the chair it was painful with the needles but only lasted 2 minutes then I was numb and Dr Rahal went to work I was in for about 6 hours or so which wasnt too bad and now Iam back in my room and everything is fine the swollen golf ball eye is nearly down and now Iam off for a chinese good times
    to fitness sorry to hear about the pain that sucks I aint doing nothing I have not been told to do who was your proceedure with ? do you have any pictures setup ?
    and to the lady who wished me luck thank you very much you helped me with painless luck thank you
    right Iam offskies
    cya

Default Hello

I had my procedure done in Phoenix, AZ with Dr. Scott Alexander. I think I had a really bad reaction to the pain medication, Hydrocodone.

He took pictures but I'm not sure they're posted. I feel much better now that the stitches are out although my scalp still feels a bit tight in the donor area.

I'm glad you've had no pain. I'm anxious to see results! I'm sure you are too.

Talking At 5 months :d

Hey people
    I am excited to say I have uploaded 2 pics today of my hairline Iam sooooo stoked at the result... the pictures cant do the justice...its an amazing job done by Dr Rahal and since coming home although I know round 2 will happen eventually the crown has formed some hair
    I want to say that anyone who comes here regarding products let me tell you ( and like most on here ) they dont work....I have wasted the same amount on products as I have for the awesome job done by Dr Rahal
    the only way forward for now is surgery FACT

I heard on a UK radio station a few nights back that scientists have apprently found the source of hair loss and have created a formula to stop it but its going through tests.......does anyone know anything about this because the broadcast was pretty vague

anyways people I thought I would uplaod 5 months pictures more to come

adios for now