Threaded View

I hide it ok, but not enough to not have to explain where my hairline went to in the past week. lol There was lots of hair there but it was on the way out, pulling up hard at the temples, and really weak compared to the hair everywhere else. You could actually see a hard line where it was going to all disappear, which is where the Dr started the grafts. I work from home mostly, but had a meeting yesterday where I had to request we keep it business casual as I had an operation recently and due to part of my head being shaved and having stitches, I strongly preferred a hat. So far, none of the grafted hairs have ejected themselves. What about you?

Those pics were a day or two before I posted them, but it hasn't really changed in appearance since a day or so after the operation. Redness was really only a day or so. Virtually no scabbing, just the white crusty stuff. The scar in the back is of much greater concern to me than anything else. My roommate (who applies bacitracin for me) said the hair is all through the stitches and he thinks it will be invisible, but I'm always going to assume the worst and prepare to deal with that scenario. I generally scar very well elsewhere on the body so I hope the same applies here. I've never had any scars elsewhere stretch but this is my main concern. I'll probably take steps to treat the scar anyway... while I have no intention of shaving my head, it'd be nice to have that option available to me, and of course when my hair is wet it will be more noticeable aswell.

As far as scar treatments... anyone heard of silicone sheeting? I've read some very very positive reviews. Seems if they can bring the scaring closer to surrounding tissue as all the reviews online of the various products claim, then a well done FUE job could probably allow me to #1 if I so felt like it. I have a pretty gnarly scar on my hand that I'm going to experiment on. I'll report if there is something worth reporting