+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sounds all good then with the scars

This is going to sound bizarre but how many times do you guys wash your hair... Leaving it for 5 or more days and mine seems somewhat thin and greasey but washed it definitely has some life to it and I can still pass as respectable in society

Nate I try to wash my hair every other day. And right after I do wash it it does look better, but I hate seeing all that hair in my hands. This has lessened over the last few weeks.

Like I said it is painful waiting for the regrowth.

Njs

Sorry if I am repeating myself but are you on Propecia or anything

How far out from your HT remember they say you may get shock loss from it and there is a ugly duckling phase up to four months

Also I heard Doctor Glen Charles say after a Hair Transplant the rest of the hair feels worse or thinner as the trauma caused to the scalp from the recipient and donor area means the blood supply goes more to there and causes the rest of the hair to feel thinner however I am not so sure this is true and would welcome any other Doctors thoughts on this point

Nate
    I am on propecia/proscar.

I am 5.5 weeks post transplant. My excess shedding had slowed at this time. I don't want to think about 3 more months of shedding. I am hopeful that I will start to see growth soon.

I have not heard of the thinner hair thing but the whole head has been traumatized and the blood loss has been compromised, so I could imagine a bad reaction to that.

Do not expect growth until 3 months atleast some guys start later at six months and its fine hair and matures over and past a year until you see full results

There could be a shedding phase with medication and this is concerning to most I had one but it grows back (hopefully). I think the medication for me has slowed thinning in the crown and somewhat stabalised it to a point but I am beginning to deal with the reality that some day I might have to buzz off my hair

In fact I am thinking seriously of doing it as I am getting very tired of fighting this hair loss thing and spending my whole life thinking about it 24/7

The fear is family and friends and the comments you get

I have been on proscar for 3 years, so if I was going to shed from that, it would have happened. As far as shedding from the trauma of the ht, that happened or is happening now. It seems to be less that a week or two ago when it was really bad. Hopefully it is over. Some of my ht hairs are still there and almost 6 weeks later appear to be growing, but I do realize that I have to wait 6 months to a year or 18 months to see whats it's going to look like. That seems like a long wait.

Hey if you look good with a shaved head go for it. I don't think I would look too good, but lots of guys do/can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by chasguy View Post
    My strips were not one over the other. Basically what would have been taken if it was one session. They are end to end

Ah, that should be OK then. I was picturing a tramline situation which would be poor for just one surgery.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Well, stitches were removed yesterday. Dr said I had less redness than most at this point. The only way that I look "off" from the donor area is where some hair was trimmed during the removal that shorter than the rest. I was told a large portion of my grafts had actually grown significantly since the operation.... I thought they had but didn't have a reference as I didn't pay that close attention post op. Dr said this meant the chances of those grafts surviving is virtually assured. Still, I'm shedding now... so over the next few weeks I'd imagine I'm going to lose those hairs. Hopefully I'll get some growth back soon as right now I'm balder than I was to start with

I guess the doctor can get more grafts if they take out two strips, but I don’t understand why they would not do just one big one? It seems like going through that twice in a two day period would be stressful. How was it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by HelpROGER View Post
    I guess the doctor can get more grafts if they take out two strips, but I don’t understand why they would not do just one big one? It seems like going through that twice in a two day period would be stressful. How was it for you?
    I don't think the graft count was any different. I would believe the reason for doing 2 is it was done on a monday and weds, and having half the grafts out of my head for 3 days would likely greatly reduce their survival rate. It wasn't stressful at all.